GALLERY: Fenland cricket round-up: July 20-21
- Credit: Archant
STEVE Seymour hit another Sunday century to help March to a thrilling win over Peterborough Town.
STEVE Seymour hit his sixth Sunday century of the season as March secured a rare victory over Peterborough Town in Rutland League Division One.
Callum Young’s 4-49 helped restrict Peterborough to 205 for seven off their 45 overs.
In reply March hit a quick fire 70 in the first 10 overs before David Hodson was caught for 29.
Aussie star Seymour made an unbeaten 116 as March reached the target with four wickets in hand.
March II lost to Fulbourn by 74 runs in CCA Senior Division One.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 4 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 5 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
Fulbourn batted first and made an imposing 228-6, with Stuart Mills taking 3-39.
In repsonse, March II could only muster 154.
March III fared even worse against Waterbeach in CCA Junior Division 2N.
Set a modest 148 to win, they collapsed to 79 all out, losing by 68 runs.
AN excellent bowling performance helped Wisbech II beat Old Leysians by 83 runs in CCA Senior Division Two.
Matt Esser hit 60 and Dom Stannard made 41 as Wisbech posted 217-9.
In reply, Old Leysians could only manage 134, with Danny Emmington taking 3-10 and Matthew Parrin 3-41.
Shane Sleath’s 83 was crucial as Wisbech III beat Cambridge Granta III by 51 runs in CCA Junior Division Two North.
Wisbech III made 206-7 before excellent bowling from Ryan Harnwell, who took 4-13, and John Mallett’s 3-45 restricted Granta to 155.
In CCA Junior Division 4N, Wisbech IV lost to Bluntisham II by four runs.
The Sunday XI lost their Rutland Divison One game to Bourne by 77 runs.
Simon Freear was the pick of the bowlers with 4-65 as Bourne made 232 but Wisbech came up well short of the target.
In Rutland Division Five, the Sunday second XI lost by six wickets to Newborough.
CONNOR Cunningham carried on his excellent form with 61 but Chatteris fell to a 63-run CCA Senior Division One loss to Burwell II.
Burwell batted first and made 222-5. Despite Cunningham’s best efforts, Chatteris were dismissed for 159.
In CCA Junior Division 2N, Chatteris II lost to Bar Hill by five wickets.