GALLERY: Fenland cricket round-up - June 22 and 23
- Credit: Archant
AUSSIE Steve Seymour hit an incredible fifth consecutive Sunday century as March’s Sunday team demolished Stamford Town.
MARCH CRICKET CLUB
STEVE Seymour smashed an unbeaten 111, his fifth consecutive Sunday century, and David Hodson made 81 as the Sunday XI cruised to a 10 wicket win over Rutland League Division One’s basement side Stamford Town.
Stuart Mills picked up 4-38 to restrict Stamford to 197-7 before March’s openers ran wild.
March II lost to unbeaten CCA Senior Division One leaders Kimbolton by six wickets at The Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
March struggled to 99-9. In reply, Stuart Mills grabbed three wickets but Kimbolton comfortably chased down the meagre target.
March III’s CCA Junior Division Two North contest against Milton was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
The Sunday II lost by seven wickets to Elmdon but for once it was not about the result but the occasion, as past players were on hand to watch the friendly fixture come to an end after its 35-year history.
WISBECH CRICKET CLUB
An outstanding individual performance from Danny Emmington inspired Wisbech II to a 86 run win over Cottenham in CCA Senior Division Two.
Emmington made 78 as Wisbech II posted 224-8 then took 5-16 as Cottenham were dismissed for 138.
Wisbech III’s CCA Junior Division Two North contest with Cottenham II was cancelled but Wisbech IV beat Bottisham Lode II by six wickets in CCA Junior Division Four North.
Bottenham were restricted to 187-8, which Wisbech IV knocked off thanks to an unbeaten 64 from James Sheppard.
Gary Freear produced more fireworks to help the Rutland XI beat Finedon Dolben by 54 runs in Rutland League Division One.
Freear made an unbeaten 111 in a total of 199-3 before picking up 5-45 as Finedon were dismissed for 145.
In Rutland League Division Five, Danny Emmington completed an excellent weekend by picking up 3-40 and making a composed unbeaten 62 as the Rutland seconds beat Eaton Socon by three wickets.
CHATTERIS CRICKET CLUB
Chatteris suffered an agonising two run loss to Cambridge Granta II in CCA Senior Division One.
Chatteris, chasing 186, reached 183-9.
The Fenland Invitation Trophy side thumped Doddington by nine wickets.
Mark Leach took 4-25 as Doddington were skittled out for 101, which they knocked off with ease.
LEVERINGTON CRICKET CLUB
Leverington lost for the second game running away at Little Downham by three wickets in CCA Junior Division Two North on a dodgy wicket.
Leverington could only amass 88-8 off their 40 overs.
John Gill produced remarkable figures of 4-1 but his efforts were in vain.