GALLERY: Fenland Cricket Roundup - June 1 and 2
- Credit: Archant
March II, despite an improved performance, fall to their fourth straight loss.
ROB Moden made 85 and Stuart Mills took 5-53 but March II, despite an improved performance, lost by three wickets to CCA Senior Division One title favourites Burwell.
In CCA Junior Division Two North March III lost by 21 runs to Sutton.
Greg Short and Matt Hubbard shared seven wickets as Sutton made 168 but March III could only muster 147 all out in reply.
The Hilliard brothers helped March IV win their first CCA Junior Division Four North game of the season.
Lewis made an unbeaten 82 and Jordan scored 50 not out in an unbeaten opening stand of 141 as they beat St Ives III by 10 wickets.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 5 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 6 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
Steve Seymour’s third consecutive Sunday century helped March beat Finedon by 87 runs in Rutland League Division One.
Off-spinner Richard Green then took 5-40 as the visitors were dismissed for 155.
March II limped to a three wicket Fenland Trophy victory over Wisbech III.
Ioan Foreman, 14, took career best figures of 4-14 as Wisbech were skittled out for 75 but March made hard work of the chase, winning by three wickets.
Wisbech II lost by 10 runs to Bluntisham in CCA Senior Division Two.
Tom Bourne’s 4-26 and 4-13 from Lyndon Waters restricted Bluntisham to 105 but in reply they crumbled to 95 all out.
In CCA Junior Division Two North Wisbech III lost by two wickets to Cambridge St Giles.
Wisbech made 135 thanks to Gary Alexander’s 73 but St Giles knocked off the runs.
Wisbech IV lost by six runs to Cambridge St Giles III in CCA Junior Division Four North.
Robbie Harris made a valiant 71 but Wisbech, chasing 157, fell to 151 all out.
In Rutland League Division One Wisbech beat Stamford Town by nine wickets.
Kieran Haynes picked up 3-17 as Stamford were bowled out for 125 before Sam Albutt’s unbeaten 62 helped them home.
In Rutland League Division Five Dom Stannard made 78 but Wisbech II lost by five wickets to Loddington and Mawsley.
Chatteris were bowled out for just 57 to lose by 65 runs to Horseheath in CCA Senior Division One.
In CCA Junior Division Two North Chatteris II lost by five wickets away at league leaders Leverington, their fourth straight defeat.
John Gill took 5-36 and Orlando Prestidge grabbed 4-28 as Chatteris II were dismissed for 120.
Leverington chased down the target with two overs remaining for the loss of five wickets.