GALLERY: Fenland football round-up - Buckden forfeit game to help Burwell Swifts pip Doddington United to league
- Credit: Archant
Doddington United have been pipped to the NMC 1B title by Burwell Swifts.
Goals from Craig Gillies, Paul Rowell, Gary Smith and Joe Waters saw them beat March Town United Reserves 4-0 but Burwell secured the title after a 4-1 win over March reserves followed by Buckden’s decision to hand them three points by forfeiting Wednesday’s game
They remain in a battle with Godmanchester Rovers Reserves for second place.
Richard Allen scored a hat-trick but Chatteris Town Reserves lost at Buckden. They also lost 3-1 at Bottisham and Lode.
Whittlesey United crushed Deeping Rangers Reserves 5-1 in the Peterborough and District League.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Sam Murphy (2), Jason Day and Joe Woods helped Leverington Sports beat Riverside 4-2, but Matthew Heron and Ashley Gostic’s goals could not prevent Whittlesey Blue Star losing 5-2 to Uppingham Town.
Coates Athletic beat Peterborough ICA Sports 3-2. Kevin Gilbert, Rik Green and Paul Hibbins got the goals.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
Wisbech St Mary lost 4-0 at Great Shelford in the Cambs Premier League while, in Senior A, Chatteris Town lost 3-0 at Hemingsford United.
In Senior B, Wimblington drew 2-2 with Fowlmere.
James Lawes and Jonathan Secker were on target but Outwell swifts lost 4-2 at Hardwick Reserves. Secker also bagged a brace against Longstanton in a 3-2 loss.