GALLERY: Fenland football round-up - February 22
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Fen Tigers are through to the semi final of the North Cambs Junior Cup after a thrilling 3-2 win at March Town Reserves on Saturday.
Alex Ashley bagged a brace and Anthony Bulbrook was on target for the Tigers, while Adam Conyard and Luke Pepper got March’s goals.
The Tigers will take on Wisbech St Mary Reserves in the last four.
In Cambs Senior A, Chatteris Town lost 2-1 at West Row Gunners, while in Cambs Senior B, Outwell Swifts beat Bluntisham Rangers 4-2 but Wimblington lost 3-2 at Sawston Rovers.
Goals from Craig Gillies and James Harness helped Doddington United maintain their six point lead over Godmanchester Rovers Reserves, who have played two games less, in NMC 1B with a 2-1 win over Milton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris Town Reserves lost 4-2 to Littleport Town and Manea United lost 3-0 at Godmanchester Reserves,
Tomorrow’s fixtures will be crucial with the top four playing each other - Doddington travel to Bar Hill Saturday and Godmanchester Reserves are away at Burwell Swifts.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
Whittlesey United are out of the PFA Senior Cup after losing 2-0 to Leverington Sports.
In the Peterborough and District League, Coates Athletic lost 2-0 to Netherton United.
March Town United Ladies lost 3-1 to Fulbourn Bluebirds in the Cambs Invitation Cup quarter final.
High flying Fulbourn took the lead after half time but Raechel Luty’s 30 yard screamer took the game into extra time.
Fulbourn took the lead following a mix up in the Hares defence and, as March pushed for an equaliser, Fulbourn scored on the counter attack to seal the win.