GALLERY: Fenland’s karters excel at British Grass Karting Championships
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND’S karters produced a series of outstanding performances at the British Grass Karting Championships.
Racers from Wisbech and District Karting Club claimed wins in several classes at the two day event held at Manea club field.
Wisbech’s Frankie Wright saw off competition from Manea’s Jack Rolfe and March’s Ben Clark to win the 70cc class.
Frankie’s older sister Brogan Wright was third in the 90cc class.
In the 125/4 Juniors, Ryan Simmons, of Walpole Highway, saw off the challenge of Upwell’s Josh Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Crane led home Darius Skuje and Daniel Brown in an all Wisbech podium in the 125/4 class.
Manea’s Sam Harrison won the 250cc Open, with Walpole Highway’s Ian Laws finishing third.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
One of the highlights of the weekend was the Pit Stop Challenge,
Teams of three guided a kart chassis for one lap around a predetermined track and stopped at the pit area, where the two rear wheels were removed and swapped, before the kart was pushed around another lap of the track and across the finish line.