GALLERY: Fenland’s karters excel at British Grass Karting Championships
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND’S karters produced a series of outstanding performances at the British Grass Karting Championships.
Racers from Wisbech and District Karting Club claimed wins in several classes at the two day event held at Manea club field.
Wisbech’s Frankie Wright saw off competition from Manea’s Jack Rolfe and March’s Ben Clark to win the 70cc class.
Frankie’s older sister Brogan Wright was third in the 90cc class.
In the 125/4 Juniors, Ryan Simmons, of Walpole Highway, saw off the challenge of Upwell’s Josh Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Crane led home Darius Skuje and Daniel Brown in an all Wisbech podium in the 125/4 class.
Manea’s Sam Harrison won the 250cc Open, with Walpole Highway’s Ian Laws finishing third.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
One of the highlights of the weekend was the Pit Stop Challenge,
Teams of three guided a kart chassis for one lap around a predetermined track and stopped at the pit area, where the two rear wheels were removed and swapped, before the kart was pushed around another lap of the track and across the finish line.