GALLERY: Fenland’s karters excel at British Grass Karting Championships
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND’S karters produced a series of outstanding performances at the British Grass Karting Championships.
Racers from Wisbech and District Karting Club claimed wins in several classes at the two day event held at Manea club field.
Wisbech’s Frankie Wright saw off competition from Manea’s Jack Rolfe and March’s Ben Clark to win the 70cc class.
Frankie’s older sister Brogan Wright was third in the 90cc class.
In the 125/4 Juniors, Ryan Simmons, of Walpole Highway, saw off the challenge of Upwell’s Josh Smith.
Ben Crane led home Darius Skuje and Daniel Brown in an all Wisbech podium in the 125/4 class.
Manea’s Sam Harrison won the 250cc Open, with Walpole Highway’s Ian Laws finishing third.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 9 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
One of the highlights of the weekend was the Pit Stop Challenge,
Teams of three guided a kart chassis for one lap around a predetermined track and stopped at the pit area, where the two rear wheels were removed and swapped, before the kart was pushed around another lap of the track and across the finish line.