GALLERY: Former England netball captain inspires youngsters during Wisbech Grammar School visit
- Credit: Archant
THE next generation of netball stars met one of their role models on Monday as Wisbech Grammar School played host to a former England captain.
Olivia Murphy, who won 95 caps for her country and is now the England technical coach, passed on some skills during a special training session.
She gave tips to first team members and two of the school’s junior sides, as well as the under-11 team at Magdalene, their preparatory school.
Teacher Alex Laybourne, who persuaded Murphy to visit the school, said: “It is fantastic that Olivia gave up her day to come and inspire the next generation of netball players.”
Murphy said that she hoped to inspire the youngsters to take an interest in the upcoming test series between England and Australia.
You may also want to watch:
A team made up mainly of first team members from the grammar school currently plays in division two of the Wisbech Ladies’ Netball League.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million