GALLERY: Former England netball captain inspires youngsters during Wisbech Grammar School visit
- Credit: Archant
THE next generation of netball stars met one of their role models on Monday as Wisbech Grammar School played host to a former England captain.
Olivia Murphy, who won 95 caps for her country and is now the England technical coach, passed on some skills during a special training session.
She gave tips to first team members and two of the school’s junior sides, as well as the under-11 team at Magdalene, their preparatory school.
Teacher Alex Laybourne, who persuaded Murphy to visit the school, said: “It is fantastic that Olivia gave up her day to come and inspire the next generation of netball players.”
Murphy said that she hoped to inspire the youngsters to take an interest in the upcoming test series between England and Australia.
You may also want to watch:
A team made up mainly of first team members from the grammar school currently plays in division two of the Wisbech Ladies’ Netball League.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life