GALLERY: Former England netball captain inspires youngsters during Wisbech Grammar School visit
- Credit: Archant
THE next generation of netball stars met one of their role models on Monday as Wisbech Grammar School played host to a former England captain.
Olivia Murphy, who won 95 caps for her country and is now the England technical coach, passed on some skills during a special training session.
She gave tips to first team members and two of the school’s junior sides, as well as the under-11 team at Magdalene, their preparatory school.
Teacher Alex Laybourne, who persuaded Murphy to visit the school, said: “It is fantastic that Olivia gave up her day to come and inspire the next generation of netball players.”
Murphy said that she hoped to inspire the youngsters to take an interest in the upcoming test series between England and Australia.
You may also want to watch:
A team made up mainly of first team members from the grammar school currently plays in division two of the Wisbech Ladies’ Netball League.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road