GALLERY: Former England netball captain inspires youngsters during Wisbech Grammar School visit
- Credit: Archant
THE next generation of netball stars met one of their role models on Monday as Wisbech Grammar School played host to a former England captain.
Olivia Murphy, who won 95 caps for her country and is now the England technical coach, passed on some skills during a special training session.
She gave tips to first team members and two of the school’s junior sides, as well as the under-11 team at Magdalene, their preparatory school.
Teacher Alex Laybourne, who persuaded Murphy to visit the school, said: “It is fantastic that Olivia gave up her day to come and inspire the next generation of netball players.”
Murphy said that she hoped to inspire the youngsters to take an interest in the upcoming test series between England and Australia.
A team made up mainly of first team members from the grammar school currently plays in division two of the Wisbech Ladies’ Netball League.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks