GALLERY: Frankham produces dominant performance in second professional bout
- Credit: Archant
ELI Frankham dominated a 75-fight veteran in his second professional contest.
The Walpole St Andrew fighter, 20, won every round against Simeon Cover, of Worksop, at Peterborough Arena on Saturday.
Frankham said his performance against Cover was an improvement on last month’s effort against Paul Morris.
He said: “Leading up to this fight I was not as nervous as I was before my first fight.
“I’ve watched the fight back on tape and I could see that I boxed better.
You may also want to watch:
“I used my brain more and looked to box instead of going at it like a steam train.
“In my first fight I was blowing by end of the third round but this time I felt fitter and kept my workrate up for all four rounds.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
Frankham left Cover reeling with a series of powerful shots but his opponent showed courage to stay in the bout.
He said: “He was an awkward opponent who showed his experience. When I caught him he would turn his shoulder or hang on the ropes.
“He has hardly been stopped in his career so I wanted to be one of the first to put him down but I’m still happy with the win.
“I’ve yet to lose a round in two fights against experienced opponents.”
Frankham’s head trainer Danny Davis, who missed his debut bout, was ringside for Saturday’s contest.
He said: “Danny said I followed the instructions I was given but there are obviously little things I need to work on which we will iron out in the gym.
“I’m going to be back in the ring in Milton Keynes on July 21 and the plan is for me to fight in Norwich in September.”