GALLERY: Freear’s fireworks help Wisbech extend lead at top of league
- Credit: Archant
GARY Freear’s spectacular century helped Wisbech move further clear at the top of the Tucker Gardner League.
The powerful batsman bludgeoned a magnificent 135 as Wisbech racked up an imposing 289-5 against Cambridge NCI at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The visitors put up a spirited reply but they were bowled out for 240 as Wisbech secured a 49 run win.
Cambridge NCI had no answer for Freear, who played shots all around the wicket.
He received valuable support from his brother Simon, who made an unbeaten 52, and captain Alan Burton, who scored 39.
You may also want to watch:
Kiwi Bradley Perrett was Wisbech’s leading bowler with 4-62. Matthew Parrin and Tom Bourne also chipped in with two wickets each.
Wisbech will be back in action on Saturday away at ninth place Camden.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack