GALLERY: Freear’s fireworks help Wisbech extend lead at top of league
- Credit: Archant
GARY Freear’s spectacular century helped Wisbech move further clear at the top of the Tucker Gardner League.
The powerful batsman bludgeoned a magnificent 135 as Wisbech racked up an imposing 289-5 against Cambridge NCI at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The visitors put up a spirited reply but they were bowled out for 240 as Wisbech secured a 49 run win.
Cambridge NCI had no answer for Freear, who played shots all around the wicket.
He received valuable support from his brother Simon, who made an unbeaten 52, and captain Alan Burton, who scored 39.
You may also want to watch:
Kiwi Bradley Perrett was Wisbech’s leading bowler with 4-62. Matthew Parrin and Tom Bourne also chipped in with two wickets each.
Wisbech will be back in action on Saturday away at ninth place Camden.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site