GALLERY: Leaders Outwell pick up another win to keep title challenge on track while Chatteris strike late
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Jason Day and Luke Plumb saw Kershaw Senior B leaders Outwell Swifts keep their title challenge on track with a 2-0 win over Swavesey Institute.
Swifts lead Barrington by three points, with the two sides due to meet at Barrington on Saturday.
Third place Doddington, who have games in hand on both sides above them, beat Sawston Rovers 3-1. Jermaine Watson, Craig Gillies and James Harness got the goals. Wimblington lost 1-0 at Hardwick Reserves.
Outwell manager Mark Secker said: “We played the bottom of the table team (Swavesey) and dropped to their level. We were very poor. The players were disappointed in the changing room afterwards, even though we won.
“Barrington is a big, big game. If we win our last two games, we’ll be promoted. These are two cup finals for us.”
You may also want to watch:
In the Kershaw Premier, Wisbech St Mary drew 0-0 with Gamlingay United.
Ross Alexander’s 93rd minute goal helped Chatteris Town beat Cambridge University Press Reserves 1-0 in Kershaw Senior A.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
In NMC 1B, goals from Lewis Hearn and James Fiddes get some revenge on Wisbech St Mary Reserves with a 2-0 win, but they then lost 1-0 at Buckden. St Mary Reserves bounced back with a 2-0 win over Bar Hill Saturday. Chatteris Town Reserves lost 5-0 at leaders Burwell Swifts.
In NMC 4B, goals from Alex Ashley and Mark Heading saw Chatteris Fen Tigers beat Upwell Town 2-1. Aaron Marshall got Upwell’s goal.
Outwell Swifts Reserves lost 5-1 at Littleport Town Reserves.
In the Peterborough and District Premier Division, Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic drew 3-3 at Deeping Rangers Reserves. Matthew Heron (2) and Jake Pell scored. Leverington Sports lost 1-0 at Peterborough Sports Reserves.
In Division One, Matt Eaton, Jake Lally and Ben Partridge scored but Sutton Bridge lost 4-3 at Peterborough ICA Sports Reserves.
Ryan Dixon and Jacob Smith were on target in Whittlesey Blue Star’s 3-2 loss to Ryhall United. Lewis Clayton’s goal could not prevent Wisbech Town Reserves from losing 3-1 to Ketton.