GALLERY: March Bears 0 - 22 Cantabrigian II
- Credit: Archant
March Bears’ lost 22-0 to Cantabrigian II in the Eastern Counties Greene King Division 2 West on Saturday.
The visitors raced into a 17-0 lead in the first half but, inspired by a stern half time team talk, the Bears proved much stiffer competition after the break.
However, a lapse in concentration meant Cantabrigian added the only try if the second half.
March Bears chairman Barry Feetham said: “The second half performance was much improved from the first half. The players lifted their game, contested every ball and ensured tackles stopped the opposition.
“There is lot to work on at training in key areas of the game, sharpening up on players concentration.
You may also want to watch:
“More communication during the game is needed and the line outs need to be sorted.”
March Bears travel to Sawston, who have lost both their games this season, on Saturday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million