GALLERY: March cricket captain Ringham says his side will put things right against Histon
- Credit: Archant
March Town captain Chris Ringham says his side will not underestimate Histon when they visit The Avenue on Saturday.
When the two sides met in the Tucker Gardner League in April, James Harradine cracked 89 for March posted 193 but Histon chased it down to win by six wickets.
Ringham said: “We underestimated them. We looked at our team and thought we would be too strong against a team that had just been promoted and were caught off guard. We need to correct that.”
Stuart Howgego is not available for the game so Stuart Mills will take his place.
March found themselves in a dominant position against Nassington at The Avenue on Saturday but at The Avenue but they were thwarted by the rain.
After 34 overs, March were 175-2, with Steve Shaw (50 no), David Hodson (50) and Steve Seymour (45 no) in the runs.
Ringham said: “We were in a very strong position so it was very disappointing but, if nothing else, it gave a few of our batsmen some batting practice.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
“We’ve got a strong top four and Rob Moden, at five, scored 50 the week before so we have strength in depth this year.
“Unfortunately, the weather keeps defeating us - our last home game was called off as well.”