GALLERY: March lose to Ramsey but Beresford inspires seconds to Bluntisham win
- Credit: Archant
March Town lost by five wickets to Ramsey at The Avenue on Saturday.
The hosts lost the toss on a damp wicket but Aussies Steve Seymour (30) and Steve Shaw (25) knuckled down to help them to 59-2.
But March lost their remaining eight wickets for 42 and were dismissed for 101.
March had the visitors in trouble at 59-4 but Ramsey re-grouped and reached the target in the 33rd over.
James Beresford’s five wicket haul helped March II pull off an unlikely two run win over Bluntisham in a friendly.
You may also want to watch:
March batted first and made an measly 119-9 off 40 overs, with extras top scoring (23).
But Beresford (5-15) and Jason Bullman (3-12) shared eight wickets as Bluntisham were all out for 117.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash