GALLERY: March’s bowlers run wild to secure unlikely victory
- Credit: Archant
AN excellent bowling performance helped March Town Cricket club kick off their Tucker League campaign with a win on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and could only muster 135 but they skittled out Camden CC for 91 to secure a 44-run victory at The Avenue.
March started well and eased to 82-1 of 18 overs, but once Tommy Howgego (33) and Shardul Brahmbatt (29) were dismissed, their innings unravelled.
A shock six wicket collapse ripped out the entire top and middle order.
They were indebted to teenager Tyler Phillips (27), who put on a valuable 34 runs for the eighth wicket with Andy Wright, who batted for 52 minutes for a precious 12 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Camden were 40-0 in response and looked comfortable before Phillips (2-13) removed both openers.
Then overseas stars Steve Seymour (3-18) and off-spinner Shardul Brahmbhatt (4-19) caused havoc, sharing seven wickets in two seven over spells.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Camden lost 10 wickets for 51 runs and what looked like certain defeat turned into a surprising win.
March’s Junior Section start coaching and outdoor nets this week.
The under 15s and the Ladies & Girls start on Thursday from 6.30pm- 8pm
The under 13s and Under 11s start on Sunday from 10am to 11.30am.
Qualified coaches will run the sessions and all equipment will be provided.
All three Boys teams play in the Cambridgeshire Youth Cricket League, with matches starting in the second week of May.