GALLERY: March’s bowlers run wild to secure unlikely victory
- Credit: Archant
AN excellent bowling performance helped March Town Cricket club kick off their Tucker League campaign with a win on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and could only muster 135 but they skittled out Camden CC for 91 to secure a 44-run victory at The Avenue.
March started well and eased to 82-1 of 18 overs, but once Tommy Howgego (33) and Shardul Brahmbatt (29) were dismissed, their innings unravelled.
A shock six wicket collapse ripped out the entire top and middle order.
They were indebted to teenager Tyler Phillips (27), who put on a valuable 34 runs for the eighth wicket with Andy Wright, who batted for 52 minutes for a precious 12 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Camden were 40-0 in response and looked comfortable before Phillips (2-13) removed both openers.
Then overseas stars Steve Seymour (3-18) and off-spinner Shardul Brahmbhatt (4-19) caused havoc, sharing seven wickets in two seven over spells.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
Camden lost 10 wickets for 51 runs and what looked like certain defeat turned into a surprising win.
March’s Junior Section start coaching and outdoor nets this week.
The under 15s and the Ladies & Girls start on Thursday from 6.30pm- 8pm
The under 13s and Under 11s start on Sunday from 10am to 11.30am.
Qualified coaches will run the sessions and all equipment will be provided.
All three Boys teams play in the Cambridgeshire Youth Cricket League, with matches starting in the second week of May.