GALLERY: March’s bowlers run wild to secure unlikely victory
- Credit: Archant
AN excellent bowling performance helped March Town Cricket club kick off their Tucker League campaign with a win on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and could only muster 135 but they skittled out Camden CC for 91 to secure a 44-run victory at The Avenue.
March started well and eased to 82-1 of 18 overs, but once Tommy Howgego (33) and Shardul Brahmbatt (29) were dismissed, their innings unravelled.
A shock six wicket collapse ripped out the entire top and middle order.
They were indebted to teenager Tyler Phillips (27), who put on a valuable 34 runs for the eighth wicket with Andy Wright, who batted for 52 minutes for a precious 12 runs.
Camden were 40-0 in response and looked comfortable before Phillips (2-13) removed both openers.
Then overseas stars Steve Seymour (3-18) and off-spinner Shardul Brahmbhatt (4-19) caused havoc, sharing seven wickets in two seven over spells.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Camden lost 10 wickets for 51 runs and what looked like certain defeat turned into a surprising win.
March’s Junior Section start coaching and outdoor nets this week.
The under 15s and the Ladies & Girls start on Thursday from 6.30pm- 8pm
The under 13s and Under 11s start on Sunday from 10am to 11.30am.
Qualified coaches will run the sessions and all equipment will be provided.
All three Boys teams play in the Cambridgeshire Youth Cricket League, with matches starting in the second week of May.