GALLERY: March Town Ladies 1 - 7 Roade Ladies - Hares take lead in first ever FA Cup tie but visitors show their class
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their first ever taste of the FA Cup when they hosted Roade Ladies yesterday.
Emma Searle gave the hosts the dream start with a spectacular lob from 25 yards but, in the eighth minute, she injured her ankle while passing the ball.
The game was stopped for 40 minutes while she waited for an ambulance.
The Hares hung on to their lead until, on 25 minutes, Northamptonshire side Roade equalised.
Two more goals in quick succession killed off the Hares, although chances fell to Jade Pointer and Carly Oakley.
Keeper Dani Westgate pulled off some great saves but Roade were too strong.
Manager Gary Davis said Searle’s injury was not as bad as first feared.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
He said: “She went to pass the ball and her ankle rolled over. She felt a crack. There was no one else involved.
“The hospital says it’s badly sprained, which is a good result because it could have been broken. They say she’ll be out for six weeks.”
Davis says playing in the FA Cup was a fantastic experience but his side is fully focused on kicking off their S Tech South League campaign with a win against Milton on Sunday at the GER, kick off 2pm.
He said: “It was a great experience for the players, who can now say that they have played in the FA Cup.
“The result hurts at the moment but the main aim is now to concentrate on the league and make sure we get three points against Milton.”