GALLERY: March Town United 3 - 1 Team Bury - Bartlett praises side’s response after slow start
- Credit: Archant
March Town United made it four on the bounce with a 3-1 win over Team Bury on Saturday but manager Chris Bartlett says they need to start games better.
The Hares went behind at the GER but Liam Merryweather provided the perfect response, heading in a corner.
In the second half, Jordan Fiddes scored a header and Juliano Menezes scored his third goal in three games with a deflected shot to seal the win.
March are sixth in the Thurlow Nunn First Division, just one point behind leaders Debenham LC and with a game in hand.
Bartlett said: “We were a bit slow out of the blocks on Saturday but it was a good response in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
“You can’t complain about four wins in a row and seven out of 10 in the league.”
Bartlett has demanded a fast start from his players when the Hares travel to second bottom AFC Sudbury Reserves on Saturday.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
Grant Watson could be available despite requiring 10 stitches in a head found after being elbowed in the Team Bury game.
Luke Pepper and Lewis McManus, who both made cameos against Team Bury, should also feature.
Bartlett is hopeful Ash Brand, David Jackson and Tom Flatters will be back in action within three weeks.