GALLERY: March Town United 3 - 1 Team Bury - Bartlett praises side’s response after slow start
- Credit: Archant
March Town United made it four on the bounce with a 3-1 win over Team Bury on Saturday but manager Chris Bartlett says they need to start games better.
The Hares went behind at the GER but Liam Merryweather provided the perfect response, heading in a corner.
In the second half, Jordan Fiddes scored a header and Juliano Menezes scored his third goal in three games with a deflected shot to seal the win.
March are sixth in the Thurlow Nunn First Division, just one point behind leaders Debenham LC and with a game in hand.
Bartlett said: “We were a bit slow out of the blocks on Saturday but it was a good response in the second half.
“You can’t complain about four wins in a row and seven out of 10 in the league.”
Bartlett has demanded a fast start from his players when the Hares travel to second bottom AFC Sudbury Reserves on Saturday.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 4 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 5 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 A141 crash involves recycling lorry
- 8 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Grant Watson could be available despite requiring 10 stitches in a head found after being elbowed in the Team Bury game.
Luke Pepper and Lewis McManus, who both made cameos against Team Bury, should also feature.
Bartlett is hopeful Ash Brand, David Jackson and Tom Flatters will be back in action within three weeks.