GALLERY: March Town United net first win of season... with ‘worst performance so far’
PAUL Crosbie’s March Town United got their first win of the season on Saturday - but the Hares boss said it was their worst performance so far.
March lifted themselves up to seventh in the Thurlow Nunn First Division by pipping winless basement boys Cornard United 2-1 at a rain-soaked GER.
Robbie Masters put the Hares ahead in the 21st minute but Cornard equalised soon afterwards.
Giuliano Staffieri got March’s spectacular winner on the stroke of half time as he crashed the ball home from 20 yards.
Crosbie said: “We won but it was our worst performance of the season. I stripped the paint off the walls at half time!
You may also want to watch:
“We played a bit better in the second half. We were never in trouble and there were a few close shaves at their end.
“I’m delighted to take the points.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
March host Thrapston United in the first qualifying round of the FA Vase on Saturday.