GALLERY: March Town United net first win of season... with ‘worst performance so far’
PAUL Crosbie’s March Town United got their first win of the season on Saturday - but the Hares boss said it was their worst performance so far.
March lifted themselves up to seventh in the Thurlow Nunn First Division by pipping winless basement boys Cornard United 2-1 at a rain-soaked GER.
Robbie Masters put the Hares ahead in the 21st minute but Cornard equalised soon afterwards.
Giuliano Staffieri got March’s spectacular winner on the stroke of half time as he crashed the ball home from 20 yards.
Crosbie said: “We won but it was our worst performance of the season. I stripped the paint off the walls at half time!
You may also want to watch:
“We played a bit better in the second half. We were never in trouble and there were a few close shaves at their end.
“I’m delighted to take the points.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
March host Thrapston United in the first qualifying round of the FA Vase on Saturday.