GALLERY: Ogbonna makes scoring debut as inspired March Town United end losing run
LOANEE Toby Ogbonna came off the bench to score on his debut as a rejuvenated March Town United netted their first league win since September.
The Hares produced an impressive team performance to see off Debenham LC 2-0 at the GER today.
After a goalless first half, in-form Danny Emmington put March ahead with a 25-yard free kick.
Paul Crosbie’s side cranked up the pressure with Ash Brand hitting the bar and Robbie Masters failing to convert two good chances.
But the Hares finally made the game safe in the 86th minute as substitute Ogbonna, on loan from Wisbech Town, marked his debut with a tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Relieved boss Crosbie said: “We played very well and it was a well-deserved win.
“We had numerous efforts and our goalkeeper wasn’t tested at all in the second half.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
The win lifts the Hares up to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.