GALLERY: Ogbonna makes scoring debut as inspired March Town United end losing run
LOANEE Toby Ogbonna came off the bench to score on his debut as a rejuvenated March Town United netted their first league win since September.
The Hares produced an impressive team performance to see off Debenham LC 2-0 at the GER today.
After a goalless first half, in-form Danny Emmington put March ahead with a 25-yard free kick.
Paul Crosbie’s side cranked up the pressure with Ash Brand hitting the bar and Robbie Masters failing to convert two good chances.
But the Hares finally made the game safe in the 86th minute as substitute Ogbonna, on loan from Wisbech Town, marked his debut with a tap-in.
Relieved boss Crosbie said: “We played very well and it was a well-deserved win.
“We had numerous efforts and our goalkeeper wasn’t tested at all in the second half.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
The win lifts the Hares up to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.