GALLERY: Ogbonna makes scoring debut as inspired March Town United end losing run
LOANEE Toby Ogbonna came off the bench to score on his debut as a rejuvenated March Town United netted their first league win since September.
The Hares produced an impressive team performance to see off Debenham LC 2-0 at the GER today.
After a goalless first half, in-form Danny Emmington put March ahead with a 25-yard free kick.
Paul Crosbie’s side cranked up the pressure with Ash Brand hitting the bar and Robbie Masters failing to convert two good chances.
But the Hares finally made the game safe in the 86th minute as substitute Ogbonna, on loan from Wisbech Town, marked his debut with a tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Relieved boss Crosbie said: “We played very well and it was a well-deserved win.
“We had numerous efforts and our goalkeeper wasn’t tested at all in the second half.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
The win lifts the Hares up to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.