GALLERY: Ogbonna makes scoring debut as inspired March Town United end losing run
LOANEE Toby Ogbonna came off the bench to score on his debut as a rejuvenated March Town United netted their first league win since September.
The Hares produced an impressive team performance to see off Debenham LC 2-0 at the GER today.
After a goalless first half, in-form Danny Emmington put March ahead with a 25-yard free kick.
Paul Crosbie’s side cranked up the pressure with Ash Brand hitting the bar and Robbie Masters failing to convert two good chances.
But the Hares finally made the game safe in the 86th minute as substitute Ogbonna, on loan from Wisbech Town, marked his debut with a tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Relieved boss Crosbie said: “We played very well and it was a well-deserved win.
“We had numerous efforts and our goalkeeper wasn’t tested at all in the second half.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The win lifts the Hares up to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.