GALLERY: Peggs at the double as Wisbech ladies put five past Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town ladies bounced back from going behind to beat Blueharts 5-1 on Saturday.
After the early set back, the hosts levelled through Jane Peggs’ composed finish from a short corner.
This was quickly followed by a great team goal finished off by Claire Apted’s deflection.
On the stroke of half time, Laura Overland converted from a short corner.
Mid way through the second half Peggs got her second, closely followed by Georgie Dunn’s goal.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Leanne Williamson said: “We played some fantastic hockey at times but still need to be more consistent with our passing.
“We have been unlucky in the past few weeks with our results and the team thoroughly deserved a good win.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
“This will give the team a good confidence boost going into next weekend for our league game and our trophy quarter finals.”
A depleted Wisbech men’s side put up a spirited showing against Cambs City but lost 4-1.
Wisbech pushed hard at the start of the game but City took the lead through a short corner.
The hosts equalised 10 minutes later through Sam Blunt’s low hard drag flick.
The game was still in the balance deep into the second half but the visitors struck twice late on to put the result beyond doubt.
March Town showed no mercy against basement side North Norfolk, winning 6-2.
March started strongly and took a well-deserved lead through James Fountain when he slotted in a rebound.
It was soon two - Fountain finished off a great team move, latching onto Matthew Bamford’s cross.
Fountain then completed his hat trick with another rebound. North Norfolk pulled a goal back just before half time.
After the break, March scored three more goals. Ashley Welland scored his first with a well struck effort, bagged his second after good work from Adam Graham at a short corner and grabbed his hat-trick from a well worked team move. North Norfolk got the game’s final goal.
Louise Minnis scored for March Town ladies but Cambridge City IV turned on the style in the second half to win 7-1.
A double from Danny Sisson and Otto Esse’s goal helped Long Sutton men beat Harleston Magpies II 3-1.
But Lisa Baker’s double could not prevent Long Sutton ladies from losing 4-2 to Alford & District.