GALLERY: Pyatt almost triumphs at Fenland Running Club’s annual 10 mile race while March AC ladies win team prize
- Credit: Archant
The biggest field in years gathered to take part in Fenland Running Club’s annual 10 mile race yesterday.
The race, which started and finished at Marshland High School, had 277 finishers.
There was almost a home triumph for Walpole St Andrew runner Matt Pyatt, who set a personal best of 56 minutes 26 seconds to finish second.
The male winner was John Pike of Newham (56.14), while Jo Coates of Bury St Edmunds was first lady home and ninth overall (59.15). Peter Downing won the wheelchair race (1.18.11).
March AC ladies Debra Wait , Karen Patterson and Geraldine Larham all ran personal bests to secure the first Ladies Team prize.
You may also want to watch:
Patterson also won 1st Lady Vet 40 and Wait was 1st lady vet 45.
For FRC, Gary Bligh (1.04.10) and Maire Irlam were the first male and female runners’ home (1.12.37).
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
A club spokesman said: “The club wishes to thank the main sponsors CGM Group and also sponsorship from Alishan, Univeg UK, Shapers Gym , Elmfield Clinic, Quay Centre, Orford Plaice, The King of Hearts and All Signs without whom the event would be less successful.
“Huge thanks also go to March AC for manning a water station, the Wisbech Army Cadet Corps and the Thomas Clarkson Academy teachers and pupils who helped tremendously with the marshalling duties.”
March AC results:- Debra Wait 1.07.46 (PB) 53rd; Mick Stacey 1.08.15 58th; Karen Patterson 1.10.32 (PB) 78th; Kevin Barnes 1.13.43 105th; Geraldine Larham 1.13.44 (PB) 106th; Justin Elvidge 1.13.58 110th; Brian Harding 1.17.06 142nd; Harry Littlemore 1.17.47, 148th; Dawn Veal 1.28.42 221st; Graeme Robertson 1.32.12 237th; Mark Oakerbee 1.34.03, 246th; Fay Scrivener 1.36.51, 254th; Hugh Plumb 1.37.50, 255th; Pat Brown 1.51.39, 271st.
FRC results: Gary Bligh 33rd 1.04.10; Graham Milham 93rd 1.12.04; Maire Irlam 97th 1.12.37; Paul Griffin 103rd 1.13.37; Nicole Coughlin 109th 1.13.58; John Shaw 132nd 1.16.32; Melanie Murdoch 139th 1.16.58; Daniel Carrington 167th 1.19.57; Ian King 168th 1.20.02; Justin Showell 171st 1.20.44; Ellen Drew 173rd 1.21.08; Richard Williams 178th 1.21.47; Ramune Raicheleine 200th 1.25.29; Stacy Webb 215th 1.27.43; Neil Bailey 238th 1.32.22; Larissa Follen 247th 1.34.06 (PB); Sarah Rippon 256th 1.39.47 (PB); Alison Patterson 257th 1.39.47; Tracy Howard 264th 1.45.12; Tracy Farr 265th 1.45.19.