GALLERY: Ringham bemoans weak batting performance as March Town blow winning position against Foxton
- Credit: Archant
March Town captain Chris Ringham has described his side’s batting display in their 62 run loss to Foxton as “one of the worst” of the season.
On Saturday, March bowled first and good work from Callum Young (3-27) and James Harradine (3-28) restricted Foxton to 156-8.
Then the rain came, meaning March had to chase a reduced target of 131 to win their third game on the bounce.
But they crumbled to 68 all out, with Steve Seymour (17) top-scoring.
Ringham said: “We’ve gone from extremes, following up the Sawston win, which was one of our best performances of the season, with one of our worst batting displays of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We were quite pleased to win the toss on a damp pitch and were more than happy to restrict them to 156.
“The rain coming worked further to our advantage but we didn’t apply ourselves against some good bowling and played too many loose shots. We should be beating a team like Foxton.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Next up for March, who are sixth in the Tucker Gardner League, is a home game with third placed Godmanchester Town on Saturday.
They will be without Rob Moden, Rob Tombs and Young, who is missing for the rest of the season because of work commitments.
Ringham said: “Callum has bowled pretty well all season and has been our best bowler in the past couple of weeks, but this gives us the opportunity to give other people a go.
“Godmanchester will be tough but hopefully we will raise our game.”