GALLERY: Ringham bemoans weak batting performance as March Town blow winning position against Foxton
- Credit: Archant
March Town captain Chris Ringham has described his side’s batting display in their 62 run loss to Foxton as “one of the worst” of the season.
On Saturday, March bowled first and good work from Callum Young (3-27) and James Harradine (3-28) restricted Foxton to 156-8.
Then the rain came, meaning March had to chase a reduced target of 131 to win their third game on the bounce.
But they crumbled to 68 all out, with Steve Seymour (17) top-scoring.
Ringham said: “We’ve gone from extremes, following up the Sawston win, which was one of our best performances of the season, with one of our worst batting displays of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We were quite pleased to win the toss on a damp pitch and were more than happy to restrict them to 156.
“The rain coming worked further to our advantage but we didn’t apply ourselves against some good bowling and played too many loose shots. We should be beating a team like Foxton.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
Next up for March, who are sixth in the Tucker Gardner League, is a home game with third placed Godmanchester Town on Saturday.
They will be without Rob Moden, Rob Tombs and Young, who is missing for the rest of the season because of work commitments.
Ringham said: “Callum has bowled pretty well all season and has been our best bowler in the past couple of weeks, but this gives us the opportunity to give other people a go.
“Godmanchester will be tough but hopefully we will raise our game.”