GALLERY: Ringham bemoans weak batting performance as March Town blow winning position against Foxton
- Credit: Archant
March Town captain Chris Ringham has described his side’s batting display in their 62 run loss to Foxton as “one of the worst” of the season.
On Saturday, March bowled first and good work from Callum Young (3-27) and James Harradine (3-28) restricted Foxton to 156-8.
Then the rain came, meaning March had to chase a reduced target of 131 to win their third game on the bounce.
But they crumbled to 68 all out, with Steve Seymour (17) top-scoring.
Ringham said: “We’ve gone from extremes, following up the Sawston win, which was one of our best performances of the season, with one of our worst batting displays of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We were quite pleased to win the toss on a damp pitch and were more than happy to restrict them to 156.
“The rain coming worked further to our advantage but we didn’t apply ourselves against some good bowling and played too many loose shots. We should be beating a team like Foxton.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Next up for March, who are sixth in the Tucker Gardner League, is a home game with third placed Godmanchester Town on Saturday.
They will be without Rob Moden, Rob Tombs and Young, who is missing for the rest of the season because of work commitments.
Ringham said: “Callum has bowled pretty well all season and has been our best bowler in the past couple of weeks, but this gives us the opportunity to give other people a go.
“Godmanchester will be tough but hopefully we will raise our game.”