GALLERY: Ringham bemoans weak batting performance as March Town blow winning position against Foxton
- Credit: Archant
March Town captain Chris Ringham has described his side’s batting display in their 62 run loss to Foxton as “one of the worst” of the season.
On Saturday, March bowled first and good work from Callum Young (3-27) and James Harradine (3-28) restricted Foxton to 156-8.
Then the rain came, meaning March had to chase a reduced target of 131 to win their third game on the bounce.
But they crumbled to 68 all out, with Steve Seymour (17) top-scoring.
Ringham said: “We’ve gone from extremes, following up the Sawston win, which was one of our best performances of the season, with one of our worst batting displays of the season.
“We were quite pleased to win the toss on a damp pitch and were more than happy to restrict them to 156.
“The rain coming worked further to our advantage but we didn’t apply ourselves against some good bowling and played too many loose shots. We should be beating a team like Foxton.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 9 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 10 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
Next up for March, who are sixth in the Tucker Gardner League, is a home game with third placed Godmanchester Town on Saturday.
They will be without Rob Moden, Rob Tombs and Young, who is missing for the rest of the season because of work commitments.
Ringham said: “Callum has bowled pretty well all season and has been our best bowler in the past couple of weeks, but this gives us the opportunity to give other people a go.
“Godmanchester will be tough but hopefully we will raise our game.”