GALLERY: ‘School Games’ tag rugby tournament gives Chatteris youngsters Olympic spirit
YOUNGSTERS dodged, ducked and dived their way into the Olympic spirit during a tag rugby competition at Cromwell Community College, in Chatteris.
About 70 schoolchildren took part in the event, which was held as part of the county’s School Games initiative.
More than 2,000 pupils from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough will compete in the Games, with five days of inter-school competition scheduled for later this year.
Benwick Primary School and Cromwell Community College are among the schools taking part in sports including hockey, mini-tennis, athletics and cricket.
A spokesman for Cromwell said: “It is great that the whole school is involved on some level – both staff and pupils - and we have looked upon the introduction of the School Games as an excellent opportunity to launch Olympic-inspired events for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“Embracing the School Games does not just mean sport either, we encourage our pupils to take part in a number of cultural activities that will provide a direct benefit across the curriculum.”
For more information on the School Games visit: www.yourschoolgames.com
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized