GALLERY: Tough day for Chatteris Town at hands of leaders Hemingfords but great win for March Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town received a rude awakening at the hands of Kershaw Senior A leaders Hemingfords United on Saturday.
Josh Joyce bagged a goal but the visitors ran out 5-1 winners. The Lilies will look to bounce back at Soham United, who are one place above them in fourth, on Saturday.
Wimblington lost 2-0 at Witchford 96 in the William Coad Cup.
In NMC 1B, Wisbech St Mary Reserves won 4-3 at St Ives Rangers.
Thomas Denston scored but March Rangers lost 5-1 at Fordham in NMC 2B. Wisbech St Mary A were thrashed 6-0 by Red Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Key (4) and Jason Chilton were on target in Wisbech St Mary B’s 5-0 win at The Eagle in NMC 3B.
Benwick Athletic won 2-1 at Wimblington Reserves. Gregory Hoffman and Jordan Tombling got the goals.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
In NMC 4B, Alex Ashley (4) and Mark Heading helped Chatteris Fen Tigers beat Isleham Warriors 5-1.
Doddington United Reserves lost 1-0 to Waterbeach Colts Old Boys, Chatteris Town A lost 11-1 at Earith United and Outwell Swifts Reserves lost 3-2 to Lakenheath Casuals.
Goals from Alfa Jalo and Bradley Williams saw Wisbech Town Reserves beat Langtoft United 2-1 in Peterborough and District League Division One.
Leverington Sports lost 3-0 at Kings Cliffe. A double from Ben English and Ben Partridge helped Sutton Bridge win 3-2 at Long Sutton. Matthew Stancer got both Long Sutton’s goals.
A late goal from Chelle Fisher helped March Town Ladies pick up a dramatic 3-2 win over high-flying Milton Town Ladies in the S Tech League.
After going a goal down, player of the match Emma Frost equalised with a great individual goal.
In the second half, Chas Miller scored from 40 yards into the far corner.
The game looked like it was heading for a draw when, on 85 minutes, Chelle Fisher popped up to score the decider.