GALLERY & VIDEO: Showboat Jimson seals 3-1 victory for Wisbech Town with classy backheel
DARREN Jimson scored his first goal for 17 months as his cheeky backheel sealed Wisbech Town’s 3-1 win over Wivenhoe Town on Saturday.
The veteran striker got the Fenmen’s third in a victory which keeps them top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Steve Appleby’s side went ahead through Dubi Ogbonna in the 24th minute but Wivenhoe, who had lost their last five games, beat returning keeper Alex Street to level before the break.
Adam Millson continued his impressive form by putting Wisbech back in front, converting Rogan McGeorge’s neat pass from a narrow angle.
After spurning a host of chances, the Fenmen finally made the game safe in injury time thanks to substitute Jimson.
The forward backheeled home Toby Ogbonna’s ball from eight yards - celebrating his first goal of the season in front of 292 fans at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
Wisbech travel to second-bottom FC Clacton on Saturday.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns