GALLERY: Wadlow wins five at North Cambs indoor county finals in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The standard was high as North Cambs held their indoor county finals at WIBC Harecroft Road, Wisbech.
There were a number of multiple winners who will be kept extremely busy during the National EBF & EWBF finals.
Christine Wadlow picked up five wins out of six finals, Frankie Howard and Robert Allen clinched three wins out of four finals, John Chambers two wins out of two finals and Lynne Quibell two wins out of three finals.
RESULTS: Ladies 2 bowl rinks ~ C Wadlow, J Savage, L Quibell 18 v B Reeve, J Warren, P Thorpe 15
Men’s 2 bowl rinks ~ F Howard, J Chambers, R Allen 17 v R Jackson, R Croxford, R Rawson 10
Men’s senior singles ~ W Andrew 20 v E Clarke 23
Men’s 2 bowl pairs ~ R Allen & F Howard 17 v E Clarke & P Porter 10
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 6 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 10 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
Ladies 2 bowl pairs ~ C Wadlow & J Savage 18 v L Quibell & A Halsey 10
Men’s 4 bowl single ~ J Hines 22 v F Howard 7
Mixed 2 bowl rinks ~ R Allen, J Chambers, C Wadlow 21 v R Croxford, A Engledow, R Jackson 10
Ladies senior 4 bowl singles ~ C Wadlow 21 v P Adams 11
Mixed 2 bowl pairs ~ R Allen & C Wadlow 14 v F Howard & L Quibell 21
U25 singles ~ R Barr unopposed entrant.
Ladies 4 bowl singles ~ C Wadlow unopposed entrant.
Winners of the county finals will represent North Cambs in the National Indoor EBF & EWBF finals at Newark from April 21-25. Programme of games to be announced at a later date.