GALLERY: Wadlow wins five at North Cambs indoor county finals in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The standard was high as North Cambs held their indoor county finals at WIBC Harecroft Road, Wisbech.
There were a number of multiple winners who will be kept extremely busy during the National EBF & EWBF finals.
Christine Wadlow picked up five wins out of six finals, Frankie Howard and Robert Allen clinched three wins out of four finals, John Chambers two wins out of two finals and Lynne Quibell two wins out of three finals.
RESULTS: Ladies 2 bowl rinks ~ C Wadlow, J Savage, L Quibell 18 v B Reeve, J Warren, P Thorpe 15
Men’s 2 bowl rinks ~ F Howard, J Chambers, R Allen 17 v R Jackson, R Croxford, R Rawson 10
You may also want to watch:
Men’s senior singles ~ W Andrew 20 v E Clarke 23
Men’s 2 bowl pairs ~ R Allen & F Howard 17 v E Clarke & P Porter 10
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Ladies 2 bowl pairs ~ C Wadlow & J Savage 18 v L Quibell & A Halsey 10
Men’s 4 bowl single ~ J Hines 22 v F Howard 7
Mixed 2 bowl rinks ~ R Allen, J Chambers, C Wadlow 21 v R Croxford, A Engledow, R Jackson 10
Ladies senior 4 bowl singles ~ C Wadlow 21 v P Adams 11
Mixed 2 bowl pairs ~ R Allen & C Wadlow 14 v F Howard & L Quibell 21
U25 singles ~ R Barr unopposed entrant.
Ladies 4 bowl singles ~ C Wadlow unopposed entrant.
Winners of the county finals will represent North Cambs in the National Indoor EBF & EWBF finals at Newark from April 21-25. Programme of games to be announced at a later date.