GALLERY: Whittlesey United bounce back from shock loss with Oakham win but Doddington United lose top of the table clash
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey United boss Andy Lodge believes second place is up for grabs in the Peterborough and District League.
His side, who sit third, bounced back from a shock 1-0 loss to Leverington Sports with a 3-1 win against Oakham United, with Liam Harrold (2) and Shane Cooke on target.
Lodge believes his side can claw back the seven point gap to second place Netherton United.
He said: “I was confident we would bounce back after the disappointment of losing to Leverington. That day we had all the ball but missed lots of chances.
“It looks like King’s Lynn Town Reserves will win the league but I think second through to fifth is up for grabs. Netherton have a tough run in and play us along the way.
You may also want to watch:
“Considering how we did last season (14th), this has been a pleasing first season in charge. I may even get offered the Manchester United manager’s job.”
Ben Jones’ goal helped Coates Athletic draw 1-1 with Uppingham Town but they were then thrashed 7-1 by Netherton United. Rik Green got the goal.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
Whittlesey Blue Star bounced back from losing 6-0 to Riverside with a 1-1 draw against Stilton United, with Sean Briglin on target, while Leverington Sports lost 3-0 to Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Premier League, Simon Bates scored in Wisbech St Mary’s 1-1 draw with Linton Granta, while Jack Brand (2) and Daniel Emmington scored in a 3-1 win at Lakenheath.
In Cambs Senior A, Asa Revell scored but Chatteris Town lost 3-1 at Royston Town A.
In Cambs Senior B, Matthew Ridgeway got a hat trick, Connor Morton bagged a brace and Teilo Pearce scored in Wimblington’s 6-3 win over Needingworth United. Wimblington also beat West Wratting Reserves 3-2.
Outwell Swifts drew 0-0 with Witchford 96 before Jonathan Secker’s double saw them beat Sawston Rovers 2-1.
In NMC 1B, Doddington United’s title hopes were dealt a blow as they lost 2-0 to leaders Burwell Swifts, while Richard Allen scored but Chatteris Town Reserves lost 3-1 at Huntingdon United.
Manea United lost 2-1 at Bar Hill Saturday. March Town United Reserves lost 3-1 to Bar Hill Saturday and 2-1 to Buckden. Sean Saxby scored in both games.