GALLERY: Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club’s open day at impressive new Pinnacle House home is a resounding success
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people checked out a boxing club’s impressive new home during an open day on Saturday.
Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club has opened in Pinnacle House, in Nene Parade, after a month of hard work moving from its old home in Nene Quay.
The 13,000sq ft industrial unit has a range of workout equipment, 11 punchbags, a boxing ring and table tennis tables.
On the day, club members held sparring sessions and there were a range of stalls for visitors to enjoy.
Saphire Lee, of Wisbech ABC, said: “It was absolutely brilliant. More than 100 people came and they said they were impressed with the new venue. Several people have signed up to the club so we are really pleased with the outcome.”
You may also want to watch:
Club nights are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8.30pm and Sunday from 11–1pm. Boxing training nights are on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7–9pm.
Children’s boxing for youngsters aged six to 10 is on Wednesday from 6–8pm.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
If there is enough interest a women-only night will be held on Wednesday nights. Sessions cost £2 each.
The club is looking for 100 chairs and tables for future dinner boxing evenings. For more information, contact Mrs Lee on 07919 263076.