GALLERY: Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club’s open day at impressive new Pinnacle House home is a resounding success
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people checked out a boxing club’s impressive new home during an open day on Saturday.
Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club has opened in Pinnacle House, in Nene Parade, after a month of hard work moving from its old home in Nene Quay.
The 13,000sq ft industrial unit has a range of workout equipment, 11 punchbags, a boxing ring and table tennis tables.
On the day, club members held sparring sessions and there were a range of stalls for visitors to enjoy.
Saphire Lee, of Wisbech ABC, said: “It was absolutely brilliant. More than 100 people came and they said they were impressed with the new venue. Several people have signed up to the club so we are really pleased with the outcome.”
Club nights are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8.30pm and Sunday from 11–1pm. Boxing training nights are on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7–9pm.
Children’s boxing for youngsters aged six to 10 is on Wednesday from 6–8pm.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
If there is enough interest a women-only night will be held on Wednesday nights. Sessions cost £2 each.
The club is looking for 100 chairs and tables for future dinner boxing evenings. For more information, contact Mrs Lee on 07919 263076.