GALLERY: Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club’s open day at impressive new Pinnacle House home is a resounding success
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people checked out a boxing club’s impressive new home during an open day on Saturday.
Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club has opened in Pinnacle House, in Nene Parade, after a month of hard work moving from its old home in Nene Quay.
The 13,000sq ft industrial unit has a range of workout equipment, 11 punchbags, a boxing ring and table tennis tables.
On the day, club members held sparring sessions and there were a range of stalls for visitors to enjoy.
Saphire Lee, of Wisbech ABC, said: “It was absolutely brilliant. More than 100 people came and they said they were impressed with the new venue. Several people have signed up to the club so we are really pleased with the outcome.”
You may also want to watch:
Club nights are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8.30pm and Sunday from 11–1pm. Boxing training nights are on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 7–9pm.
Children’s boxing for youngsters aged six to 10 is on Wednesday from 6–8pm.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
If there is enough interest a women-only night will be held on Wednesday nights. Sessions cost £2 each.
The club is looking for 100 chairs and tables for future dinner boxing evenings. For more information, contact Mrs Lee on 07919 263076.