GALLERY: Wisbech Cricket club suffer first league loss of season
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Cricket Club’s unbeaten start to their Tucker League campaign came to an end as they lost by six wickets to Ramsey.
James Williams’ unbeaten 79 and Simon Freear’s 55 helped Wisbech recover from losing three early wickets to post a competitive 208-9.
But the rain intervened and the bowlers were unable to defend a reduced target of 117.
Freear was Wisbech’s most successful bowler, taking two wickets.
In CCA Senior League Division Two, Ivan Burgess produced an outstanding performance for Wisbech II as they crushed Yelling.
You may also want to watch:
The bowler took eight wickets for 10 runs as Yelling crumbled to 40 all out, which the batsmen knocked off for the loss of two wickets.
Wisbech III had a disappointing day, losing by seven wickets to Milton, while Matthew Parrin’s five wicket haul could not prevent Wisbech IV from falling to a 97 run defeat against St Ives Town III.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Sam Albutt top scored with 51 and Parrin grabbed three wickets as the Sunday first XI beat Nassington by 108 runs in Rutland League Division One.
Gary Freear, Craig Pack and Ryan Van Waterschoot chipped in with two wickets each.
In Rutland Division Five, Wisbech II had the misfortune of taking on Kettering’s first team and suffered a crushing 203 run defeat.