GALLERY: Wisbech Cricket club suffer first league loss of season
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Cricket Club’s unbeaten start to their Tucker League campaign came to an end as they lost by six wickets to Ramsey.
James Williams’ unbeaten 79 and Simon Freear’s 55 helped Wisbech recover from losing three early wickets to post a competitive 208-9.
But the rain intervened and the bowlers were unable to defend a reduced target of 117.
Freear was Wisbech’s most successful bowler, taking two wickets.
In CCA Senior League Division Two, Ivan Burgess produced an outstanding performance for Wisbech II as they crushed Yelling.
You may also want to watch:
The bowler took eight wickets for 10 runs as Yelling crumbled to 40 all out, which the batsmen knocked off for the loss of two wickets.
Wisbech III had a disappointing day, losing by seven wickets to Milton, while Matthew Parrin’s five wicket haul could not prevent Wisbech IV from falling to a 97 run defeat against St Ives Town III.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
Sam Albutt top scored with 51 and Parrin grabbed three wickets as the Sunday first XI beat Nassington by 108 runs in Rutland League Division One.
Gary Freear, Craig Pack and Ryan Van Waterschoot chipped in with two wickets each.
In Rutland Division Five, Wisbech II had the misfortune of taking on Kettering’s first team and suffered a crushing 203 run defeat.