GALLERY: Wisbech Cricket club suffer first league loss of season
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Cricket Club’s unbeaten start to their Tucker League campaign came to an end as they lost by six wickets to Ramsey.
James Williams’ unbeaten 79 and Simon Freear’s 55 helped Wisbech recover from losing three early wickets to post a competitive 208-9.
But the rain intervened and the bowlers were unable to defend a reduced target of 117.
Freear was Wisbech’s most successful bowler, taking two wickets.
In CCA Senior League Division Two, Ivan Burgess produced an outstanding performance for Wisbech II as they crushed Yelling.
You may also want to watch:
The bowler took eight wickets for 10 runs as Yelling crumbled to 40 all out, which the batsmen knocked off for the loss of two wickets.
Wisbech III had a disappointing day, losing by seven wickets to Milton, while Matthew Parrin’s five wicket haul could not prevent Wisbech IV from falling to a 97 run defeat against St Ives Town III.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Sam Albutt top scored with 51 and Parrin grabbed three wickets as the Sunday first XI beat Nassington by 108 runs in Rutland League Division One.
Gary Freear, Craig Pack and Ryan Van Waterschoot chipped in with two wickets each.
In Rutland Division Five, Wisbech II had the misfortune of taking on Kettering’s first team and suffered a crushing 203 run defeat.