GALLERY: Wisbech kick off Tucker Gardner defence in style but seconds lose to Peterborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kicked off their defence of the Tucker Gardner League in style with a comprehensive seven wicket win over Nassington.
Nassington’s batsmen could not handle Wisbech’s fearsome bowling attack and were skittled out for 104, with Sam Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) sharing eight wickets.
In reply, captain Alan Burton batted through for 46 not out as Wisbech chased down the target for the loss of three wickets.
Andrew Lane’s unbeaten 118 laid the platform as Wisbech’s Sunday team made it two wins from two in the Rutland League with a 45 run win over Eaton Socon.
Lane received good support from Danny Haynes (38) and Josh Bowers (50 not out) as Wisbech made 218-1 off 45 overs.
Gary Freear (3-34) was the pick of the bowlers as Eaton Socon struggled to 171-9.
But Wisbech seconds lost to Peterborough Town II in a friendly by 106 runs.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 7 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
Craig Pack impressed (3-22) as Peterborough were restricted to 182-5 off their 45 overs.
But no Wisbech batsman troubled the scorers as they crumbled to 76 all out.