GALLERY: Wisbech kick off Tucker Gardner defence in style but seconds lose to Peterborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kicked off their defence of the Tucker Gardner League in style with a comprehensive seven wicket win over Nassington.
Nassington’s batsmen could not handle Wisbech’s fearsome bowling attack and were skittled out for 104, with Sam Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) sharing eight wickets.
In reply, captain Alan Burton batted through for 46 not out as Wisbech chased down the target for the loss of three wickets.
Andrew Lane’s unbeaten 118 laid the platform as Wisbech’s Sunday team made it two wins from two in the Rutland League with a 45 run win over Eaton Socon.
Lane received good support from Danny Haynes (38) and Josh Bowers (50 not out) as Wisbech made 218-1 off 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Freear (3-34) was the pick of the bowlers as Eaton Socon struggled to 171-9.
But Wisbech seconds lost to Peterborough Town II in a friendly by 106 runs.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Craig Pack impressed (3-22) as Peterborough were restricted to 182-5 off their 45 overs.
But no Wisbech batsman troubled the scorers as they crumbled to 76 all out.