GALLERY: Wisbech kick off Tucker Gardner defence in style but seconds lose to Peterborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kicked off their defence of the Tucker Gardner League in style with a comprehensive seven wicket win over Nassington.
Nassington’s batsmen could not handle Wisbech’s fearsome bowling attack and were skittled out for 104, with Sam Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) sharing eight wickets.
In reply, captain Alan Burton batted through for 46 not out as Wisbech chased down the target for the loss of three wickets.
Andrew Lane’s unbeaten 118 laid the platform as Wisbech’s Sunday team made it two wins from two in the Rutland League with a 45 run win over Eaton Socon.
Lane received good support from Danny Haynes (38) and Josh Bowers (50 not out) as Wisbech made 218-1 off 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Freear (3-34) was the pick of the bowlers as Eaton Socon struggled to 171-9.
But Wisbech seconds lost to Peterborough Town II in a friendly by 106 runs.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
Craig Pack impressed (3-22) as Peterborough were restricted to 182-5 off their 45 overs.
But no Wisbech batsman troubled the scorers as they crumbled to 76 all out.