GALLERY: Wisbech ladies hockey side thump St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Lisa’s Williamson’s hat-trick helped Wisbech ladies thump St Ives 5-2 at home on Saturday.
Wisbech who took the lead with a fine goal from Katie Rodger.
However St Ives didn’t let this affect their confidence and soon levelled the game through a short corner.
Wisbech regained their lead through Williamson, who coolly slotted home with a reverse stick short.
Williamson struck again early in the second half to put the hosts 3-1 up but St Ives found Wisbech sleeping and reduced the deficit to 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech raised their game and Sophie Culshaw scored her first goal for the first team before Williamson sealed the win with her third of the game.
Wisbech travel to Peterborough tomorrow in the league before taking on Christchurch, Ipswich, in the cup on Sunday.
- 1 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 5 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 10 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
March ladies produced a five star performance to win their first game of the season.
Doubles from Becky Hammond and Bekki Bell and a goal from Hannah Odlin saw them crush St Neots III 5-0.
But the men’s winning start to the season was ended by Cambridge City IV.
David Haslegrave put March in front but they concede two late goals and lost 2-1.
The men’s II lost 5-2 to Horncastle.
Long Sutton conceded a dramatic late winner as they went down 3-2 to Ipswich.
Joshua Fyson and Danny Sisson twice brought Long Sutton level with excellent goals but Ipswich stole the win at the death.
But the men’s II cruised to a 6-3 win against Ely City II.
Ben Shore, Ryan Mountney and Alex Canham gave them a 3-1 half-time lead.
Jason Mallett put Long Sutton II 4-1 up but they then conceded two goals to put the game back in the balance.
But Ben Shore struck twice late on to seal his hat-trick and the win.
Long Sutton ladies drew 1-1 draw with Alford in a scrappy affair.
Sarah Walker put Long Sutton in front but they were pegged back before half-time. Lisa Baker missed a great late chance to snatch all three points.
Emma Howell and Millie Lamming were on target as Long Sutton ladies II drew 2-2 with Horncastle.