GALLERY: Wisbech ladies hockey side thump St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Lisa’s Williamson’s hat-trick helped Wisbech ladies thump St Ives 5-2 at home on Saturday.
Wisbech who took the lead with a fine goal from Katie Rodger.
However St Ives didn’t let this affect their confidence and soon levelled the game through a short corner.
Wisbech regained their lead through Williamson, who coolly slotted home with a reverse stick short.
Williamson struck again early in the second half to put the hosts 3-1 up but St Ives found Wisbech sleeping and reduced the deficit to 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech raised their game and Sophie Culshaw scored her first goal for the first team before Williamson sealed the win with her third of the game.
Wisbech travel to Peterborough tomorrow in the league before taking on Christchurch, Ipswich, in the cup on Sunday.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
March ladies produced a five star performance to win their first game of the season.
Doubles from Becky Hammond and Bekki Bell and a goal from Hannah Odlin saw them crush St Neots III 5-0.
But the men’s winning start to the season was ended by Cambridge City IV.
David Haslegrave put March in front but they concede two late goals and lost 2-1.
The men’s II lost 5-2 to Horncastle.
Long Sutton conceded a dramatic late winner as they went down 3-2 to Ipswich.
Joshua Fyson and Danny Sisson twice brought Long Sutton level with excellent goals but Ipswich stole the win at the death.
But the men’s II cruised to a 6-3 win against Ely City II.
Ben Shore, Ryan Mountney and Alex Canham gave them a 3-1 half-time lead.
Jason Mallett put Long Sutton II 4-1 up but they then conceded two goals to put the game back in the balance.
But Ben Shore struck twice late on to seal his hat-trick and the win.
Long Sutton ladies drew 1-1 draw with Alford in a scrappy affair.
Sarah Walker put Long Sutton in front but they were pegged back before half-time. Lisa Baker missed a great late chance to snatch all three points.
Emma Howell and Millie Lamming were on target as Long Sutton ladies II drew 2-2 with Horncastle.