GALLERY: Wisbech pick up comfortable win over Warboys
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech carried on their strong start to the season with a 49 run win over Warboys at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and posted 201 all out - captain Alan Burton led the way with 42 while Josh Bowers made 40 and number 10 Sam Rippington added a valuable unbeaten 26.
In reply, Warboys looked like they may pull off an upset but lost five wickets for 16 runs to be dismissed for 152.
Brad Apted was the pick of the bowlers with 3-30, while Simon Freear chipped in with 2-10.
They will look to make it three on the bounce when they travel to fellow unbeaten side Sawston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Rutland League side beat Uppingham by four wickets.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land