GALLERY: Wisbech pick up comfortable win over Warboys
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech carried on their strong start to the season with a 49 run win over Warboys at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and posted 201 all out - captain Alan Burton led the way with 42 while Josh Bowers made 40 and number 10 Sam Rippington added a valuable unbeaten 26.
In reply, Warboys looked like they may pull off an upset but lost five wickets for 16 runs to be dismissed for 152.
Brad Apted was the pick of the bowlers with 3-30, while Simon Freear chipped in with 2-10.
They will look to make it three on the bounce when they travel to fellow unbeaten side Sawston on Saturday.
The Rutland League side beat Uppingham by four wickets.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops