GALLERY: Wisbech pick up comfortable win over Warboys
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech carried on their strong start to the season with a 49 run win over Warboys at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and posted 201 all out - captain Alan Burton led the way with 42 while Josh Bowers made 40 and number 10 Sam Rippington added a valuable unbeaten 26.
In reply, Warboys looked like they may pull off an upset but lost five wickets for 16 runs to be dismissed for 152.
Brad Apted was the pick of the bowlers with 3-30, while Simon Freear chipped in with 2-10.
They will look to make it three on the bounce when they travel to fellow unbeaten side Sawston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Rutland League side beat Uppingham by four wickets.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million