GALLERY: Wisbech riders enjoy success as Mepal Motocross hosts Offroad Motorsport National Series
- Credit: Archant
There was home success at Mepal Motocross track in the first round of the Offroad Motorsport National Series at the weekend.
Wisbech rider Callum Mitchell, 12, stormed to victory in the Small Wheels class and five year-old Ashton Boughen, also of Wisbech, won the Auto class.
Mitchell, of Carl Nunn Racing and F-15mx, came out on top in a titanic tussle with Tom Clarke and Taylor Hampshire.
His proud mother, Val Keeley, said: “Craig first got on a motorbike aged four and has been competing since he was six years-old.
“He is a natural talent and has grown and matured as he has got older. This is his first national win and I’m a very proud mum.
You may also want to watch:
“With the support of his sponsors and trainer Carl Nunn, he will hopefully keep on moving forward.”
Other category winners were Kyle Lane (MXY2), Darryl Maxwell (MX1), James Dunn (MX2), Alfie Jones (Juniors), Mark Hawkins (Clubman) and Dexter Douglas (Big Wheels).
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
On the day, hundreds of fans were treated to high calibre racing - the international meeting attracted some of the best riders around.
Mepal Motocross track owner Martin Wright said: “It was an absolutely fantastic day. The weather was good and there were a couple of hundred spectators who enjoyed watching some excellent, international standard riders in action.
“We hope the event will come back here next year.”
The next round of the national Series is at Sherwood on April 5-6.
Mepal Motocross is hosting the NORA British Quad Championship race day on March 16 and the Eastern centre race day on March 23.
For more information about the track go to www.f-15mx.com.