GALLERY: Wisbech Rugby 0 - 28 Ely - Second home loss on the bounce
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rugby Club’s disappointing start to the season continued with a 28-0 loss to Ely at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
They have lost both their games so far in the Greene King IPA Easten Counties League.
Head coach Leonard Veenendaal said: “It was a disappointing team performance. Our inability to control the breakdown and individual errors cost us.
“We clearly missed Solomon Prestidge’s leadership on the pitch. The key isn’t to tear up the tactics, but to stay composed and the players have to realise they have to play smarter or they will fall foul of the referee every week.”
Wisbech will look to bounce back when they travel to Southwold on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Wildcats were forced to play the entire game with 14 men at Broadlands.
Due to several players being injured and a low player turnout this year, the team could only field 11 players.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Broadlands provided a front row so that scrummaging could be properly contested but Wildcats were still a man down.
The Wildcats battled valiantly but lost the Eastern Counties Greene King Division 3N encounter 47 – 0.