GALLERY: Wisbech Rugby 0 - 28 Ely - Second home loss on the bounce
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rugby Club’s disappointing start to the season continued with a 28-0 loss to Ely at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
They have lost both their games so far in the Greene King IPA Easten Counties League.
Head coach Leonard Veenendaal said: “It was a disappointing team performance. Our inability to control the breakdown and individual errors cost us.
“We clearly missed Solomon Prestidge’s leadership on the pitch. The key isn’t to tear up the tactics, but to stay composed and the players have to realise they have to play smarter or they will fall foul of the referee every week.”
Wisbech will look to bounce back when they travel to Southwold on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Wildcats were forced to play the entire game with 14 men at Broadlands.
Due to several players being injured and a low player turnout this year, the team could only field 11 players.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
Broadlands provided a front row so that scrummaging could be properly contested but Wildcats were still a man down.
The Wildcats battled valiantly but lost the Eastern Counties Greene King Division 3N encounter 47 – 0.