GALLERY: Wisbech Rugby 0 - 28 Ely - Second home loss on the bounce
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rugby Club’s disappointing start to the season continued with a 28-0 loss to Ely at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
They have lost both their games so far in the Greene King IPA Easten Counties League.
Head coach Leonard Veenendaal said: “It was a disappointing team performance. Our inability to control the breakdown and individual errors cost us.
“We clearly missed Solomon Prestidge’s leadership on the pitch. The key isn’t to tear up the tactics, but to stay composed and the players have to realise they have to play smarter or they will fall foul of the referee every week.”
Wisbech will look to bounce back when they travel to Southwold on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Wildcats were forced to play the entire game with 14 men at Broadlands.
Due to several players being injured and a low player turnout this year, the team could only field 11 players.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
Broadlands provided a front row so that scrummaging could be properly contested but Wildcats were still a man down.
The Wildcats battled valiantly but lost the Eastern Counties Greene King Division 3N encounter 47 – 0.