GALLERY: Wisbech slip up in Tucker Gardner League title race against Waresley
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech missed a major chance to take control of the Tucker Gardner League title race with a disappointing five wicket loss to Waresley at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and posted a modest 180-9. James Williams (57 no) and Danny Haynes (41) got the bulk of the runs.
In reply, James Dallaway struck an unbeaten 80 as Waresley knocked off the target.
But, despite the loss, Wisbech have actually made ground of leaders Ramsey, who drew with Godmanchester on Saturday.
With four league games remaining, the gap between them stands at just six points.
You may also want to watch:
However, Ramsey have what looks on paper to be the better run-in.
They have three very winnable home games against bottom half sides Nassington, Camden and Warboys, while Wisbech have a tricky away game at Foxton on Saturday and a Fen derby at March to look forward to the following week before hosting Cambridge NCI on September 6.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
If both sides come through these games unscatched, they will play off for the title at Harecroft Road on September 13 in the final game of the season.