GALLERY: Wisbech slip up in Tucker Gardner League title race against Waresley
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech missed a major chance to take control of the Tucker Gardner League title race with a disappointing five wicket loss to Waresley at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The hosts batted first and posted a modest 180-9. James Williams (57 no) and Danny Haynes (41) got the bulk of the runs.
In reply, James Dallaway struck an unbeaten 80 as Waresley knocked off the target.
But, despite the loss, Wisbech have actually made ground of leaders Ramsey, who drew with Godmanchester on Saturday.
With four league games remaining, the gap between them stands at just six points.
You may also want to watch:
However, Ramsey have what looks on paper to be the better run-in.
They have three very winnable home games against bottom half sides Nassington, Camden and Warboys, while Wisbech have a tricky away game at Foxton on Saturday and a Fen derby at March to look forward to the following week before hosting Cambridge NCI on September 6.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
If both sides come through these games unscatched, they will play off for the title at Harecroft Road on September 13 in the final game of the season.