GALLERY: Wisbech St Mary end barren run with West Wratting win while Chatteris claim derby honours over Soham
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary picked up their first win in nine games on Saturday.
Goals from Scott McManus (2) and Jack Saunders gave them a 3-0 win over West Wratting in the Kershaw Premier League.
In Kershaw Senior A, Josh Joyce’s goal saw Chatteris Town rise to fourth with a 1-0 win over third place Soham United.
In Kershaw Senior B, Jon Secker hit a hat-trick in leaders Outwell Swifts’ 3-0 win at West Wratting Reserves.
Fellow title contenders Doddington United won 5-1 at Hemingfords United Reserves. Craig Gillies (3), David Turnbull and Jermaine Watson got the goals. Wimblington lost 2-1 to Hardwick Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
March Town United Reserves put their North Cambs Junior Cup disappointment behind them with a 5-0 win over Chatteris Town Reserves in NMC 1B. Dayne Moore (2), Toby Ayres (2) and Jack McLoughlin scored.
Wisbech St Mary Reserves thumped Milton Reserves 7-1. Manea United lost 3-1 at Littleport Town.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
In NMC 2B, Mark Harrison, Jess Hemmings, Leon Murphy and Jakub Ziabka scored in Wisbech St Mary A’s 4-1 win at Brampton Reserves.
Benwick Athletic lost 3-0 to Houghton & Wyton in NMC 3B.
In NMC 4B, Alex Ashley (4), Nathan Cooper and Jack Ryan were on target in Chatteris Fen Tigers’ 6-2 win at Outwell Swifts Reserves.
Gary Green bagged a brace in Upwell Town’s 2-0 win over Waterbeach Colts Old Boys. Jamie Fuller and Joe Waters scored in Doddington United Reserves’ 2-1 win over Alconbury Reserves.
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic Reserves are Peterborough and District League champions. They had the weekend off but, with five games left, can not be caught.
Goals from Matthew Cawthorn, Timothy Lowe and James Ward gave Long Sutton Athletic a 3-0 win over King’s Cliffe.
Whittlesey Blue Star won 5-0 at Sutton Bridge United. Jacob Smith (3), Sam Pell and Ryan Smith scored.
Lewis Clayton’s goal gave Wisbech Town Reserves a 1-0 win over AFC Stanground.
March Town Ladies are out of the Cambs Junior Invitation Cup after a 2-1 semi-final loss to higher-level Cambridge Womens Reserves.
After going a goal down early on, Michelle Fisher chipped the oncoming keeper for the equaliser.
Emma Searle hit the cross bar midway through the second half but, just when it was looking like extra time would be needed, Cambridge scored from a freekick.