GALLERY: Wisbech Town back to winning ways against Harborough and announce reserve team for next season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town joint boss Dick Creasey has welcomed the news that the club will have a reserve team next season.
The Fenmen board are on the lookout for someone to manage the side, which they hope will compete in as high a league as possible.
He said: “It is a must have for the club. In the past few weeks we have been short of players which means we haven’t had competition for places.
“This is something I’ve been asking for since I returned to the club, so this is good news.”
Wisbech returned to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Harborough Town in the United Counties League on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Johnson and Danny White got the goals, but Matt Lunn was forced off early on with a hip injury and Johnson twisted his ankle.
Creasey said: “In terms of possession, it must have been 75 per cent for us. They stuck 10 men behind the ball for the whole game so they were difficult to break down but we got a couple of goals.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 6 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
Johnson’s injury may keep him out for the rest of the season but Creasey hopes Lunn will be fit when Wisbech host Holbeach United on Saturday.
Before the game, The club will celebrate their partnership with youth side Wisbech Town Acorns, with former players invited to take part in the occasion.
If you are interested in the Wisbech reserves managerial role, call Malcolm Clements on 07584 636259.