GALLERY: Wisbech Town back to winning ways against Harborough and announce reserve team for next season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town joint boss Dick Creasey has welcomed the news that the club will have a reserve team next season.
The Fenmen board are on the lookout for someone to manage the side, which they hope will compete in as high a league as possible.
He said: “It is a must have for the club. In the past few weeks we have been short of players which means we haven’t had competition for places.
“This is something I’ve been asking for since I returned to the club, so this is good news.”
Wisbech returned to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Harborough Town in the United Counties League on Saturday.
Scott Johnson and Danny White got the goals, but Matt Lunn was forced off early on with a hip injury and Johnson twisted his ankle.
Creasey said: “In terms of possession, it must have been 75 per cent for us. They stuck 10 men behind the ball for the whole game so they were difficult to break down but we got a couple of goals.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
Johnson’s injury may keep him out for the rest of the season but Creasey hopes Lunn will be fit when Wisbech host Holbeach United on Saturday.
Before the game, The club will celebrate their partnership with youth side Wisbech Town Acorns, with former players invited to take part in the occasion.
If you are interested in the Wisbech reserves managerial role, call Malcolm Clements on 07584 636259.