GALLERY: Wisbech Town fail to make pressure pay in defeat to title rivals Dereham
A SECOND-HALF onslaught failed to save Wisbech Town as they fell to a disappointing 1-0 loss against title rivals Dereham Town today.
The Fenmen entered the clash on the back of huge victories over St Ives Town and Mildenhall Town - but they couldn’t make it three in a row.
Sam Borrer’s fifth-minute goal proved the difference at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium but the Fenmen faithful were left baffled that their side got nothing to show for their efforts.
Steve Appleby’s troops threw everything at Dereham, whose threat was sporadic after the goal.
But, not for the first time this season, Wisbech failed to take their chances and they suffered their first loss since November 3.
You may also want to watch:
The result means the second-placed Fenmen missed the chance to join Mildenhall at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Dereham, who sit fifth, have three games in hand and look likely to be a major rival in Wisbech’s title challenge.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years