GALLERY: Wisbech Town fail to make pressure pay in defeat to title rivals Dereham
A SECOND-HALF onslaught failed to save Wisbech Town as they fell to a disappointing 1-0 loss against title rivals Dereham Town today.
The Fenmen entered the clash on the back of huge victories over St Ives Town and Mildenhall Town - but they couldn’t make it three in a row.
Sam Borrer’s fifth-minute goal proved the difference at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium but the Fenmen faithful were left baffled that their side got nothing to show for their efforts.
Steve Appleby’s troops threw everything at Dereham, whose threat was sporadic after the goal.
But, not for the first time this season, Wisbech failed to take their chances and they suffered their first loss since November 3.
You may also want to watch:
The result means the second-placed Fenmen missed the chance to join Mildenhall at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Dereham, who sit fifth, have three games in hand and look likely to be a major rival in Wisbech’s title challenge.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region