GALLERY: Wisbech Town stung by last-gasp equaliser in 2-2 draw with Haverhill Rovers
- Credit: Archant
PRECIOUS points were snatched away from Wisbech Town yesterday as a last-gasp equaliser robbed them of victory over Haverhill Rovers.
The Fenmen were much-changed after boss Steve Appleby released Rogan McGeorge, Deakan Napier and top-scorer Dubi Ogbonna last week. With striker Chris Bacon still missing, it fell to the fit again Darren Jimson to lead the Wisbech line.
But, despite the reshuffle, Appleby’s side were seconds away from securing what would have been a vital Thurlow Nunn Premier Division victory.
Midfielder Adam Millson gave his side a 27th-minute lead at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium but the Fenmen were pegged back after the break.
Neal Spafford restored the hosts’ lead with what looked likely to be the winner - but Haverhill found their second equaliser in stoppage time to prevent Wisbech from gaining ground on their promotion rivals.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen, who sit sixth in the league with games in hand, travel to Ely City on Tuesday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote