GALLERY: Wisbech Town stung by last-gasp equaliser in 2-2 draw with Haverhill Rovers
- Credit: Archant
PRECIOUS points were snatched away from Wisbech Town yesterday as a last-gasp equaliser robbed them of victory over Haverhill Rovers.
The Fenmen were much-changed after boss Steve Appleby released Rogan McGeorge, Deakan Napier and top-scorer Dubi Ogbonna last week. With striker Chris Bacon still missing, it fell to the fit again Darren Jimson to lead the Wisbech line.
But, despite the reshuffle, Appleby’s side were seconds away from securing what would have been a vital Thurlow Nunn Premier Division victory.
Midfielder Adam Millson gave his side a 27th-minute lead at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium but the Fenmen were pegged back after the break.
Neal Spafford restored the hosts’ lead with what looked likely to be the winner - but Haverhill found their second equaliser in stoppage time to prevent Wisbech from gaining ground on their promotion rivals.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen, who sit sixth in the league with games in hand, travel to Ely City on Tuesday.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre