GALLERY: Young March ABC prospects gearing up for home show which promises to be great night of boxing
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club’s talented young prospects will look to finish the year in style when they step into the ring at their home show in a couple of weeks.
They will be pitted against boxers from all the country at The Braza Club on December 5.
The club has enjoyed numerous successes in 2014 - Ryan East and Joe Steed have made it through to the Eastern Counties Junior Novice Finals, while Josh White won the Harringay Cup and Celtic Cup.
Reagan Lazenby made it to the semi finals of the ABA Championships and Patsy Smith produced an outstanding performance to beat Shelly Sweeney, who went on to win the National County Championships.
At the home show, Patsy Smith will be taking on Sweeney in a rematch, which should be worth the entrance fee alone.
Lazenby, White and Shane Jones, whose bouts are always thrilling, are also on the card.
Other March ABC prospects competing are Acer Smith and Nathan Smith. Depending on how they get on at the Eastern Counties finals, East and Steed could also be boxing.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 OPINION: Alliance challenges 'political point scoring' by opposition leader
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
The club puts on sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at its Century Way training base.
Tickets for the March Dinner Show are £30 for a three course dinner and boxing (6.45pm start) or £10 on the door for the boxing (8.15pm).
Tickets are available from Bernie on 01354 654648.