GALLERY: Young March ABC prospects gearing up for home show which promises to be great night of boxing
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club’s talented young prospects will look to finish the year in style when they step into the ring at their home show in a couple of weeks.
They will be pitted against boxers from all the country at The Braza Club on December 5.
The club has enjoyed numerous successes in 2014 - Ryan East and Joe Steed have made it through to the Eastern Counties Junior Novice Finals, while Josh White won the Harringay Cup and Celtic Cup.
Reagan Lazenby made it to the semi finals of the ABA Championships and Patsy Smith produced an outstanding performance to beat Shelly Sweeney, who went on to win the National County Championships.
At the home show, Patsy Smith will be taking on Sweeney in a rematch, which should be worth the entrance fee alone.
Lazenby, White and Shane Jones, whose bouts are always thrilling, are also on the card.
Other March ABC prospects competing are Acer Smith and Nathan Smith. Depending on how they get on at the Eastern Counties finals, East and Steed could also be boxing.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 3 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
The club puts on sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at its Century Way training base.
Tickets for the March Dinner Show are £30 for a three course dinner and boxing (6.45pm start) or £10 on the door for the boxing (8.15pm).
Tickets are available from Bernie on 01354 654648.