GALLERY: Young stars strut their stuff at Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club show
BOXING fans filled Cromwell Community College on Saturday for 13 hard-hitting bouts - but it was a 10-year-old who stole the show.
Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s Ryan Williams claimed the boxer of the night award after impressing during a skills bout against Cambridge ABC’s Michael Durning.
But his club-mates had a tougher time, with Ryan Ducker, Dean Baxter and George Chrysanthou all beaten.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is only 10 but he’s certainly got a lot of potential. I was pleased with the show and very pleased with the turnout.”
Wisbech ABC enjoyed a successful night, with Brandon Smith and Markos Mylozis recording victories.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris ABC’s Jordan Gill, who is set to turn professional in July, was ringside for the event.
The talented teenager will bid for national glory in his Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) final on Saturday.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre