GALLERY: Young stars strut their stuff at Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club show
BOXING fans filled Cromwell Community College on Saturday for 13 hard-hitting bouts - but it was a 10-year-old who stole the show.
Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s Ryan Williams claimed the boxer of the night award after impressing during a skills bout against Cambridge ABC’s Michael Durning.
But his club-mates had a tougher time, with Ryan Ducker, Dean Baxter and George Chrysanthou all beaten.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is only 10 but he’s certainly got a lot of potential. I was pleased with the show and very pleased with the turnout.”
Wisbech ABC enjoyed a successful night, with Brandon Smith and Markos Mylozis recording victories.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris ABC’s Jordan Gill, who is set to turn professional in July, was ringside for the event.
The talented teenager will bid for national glory in his Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) final on Saturday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo