GALLERY: Young stars strut their stuff at Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club show
BOXING fans filled Cromwell Community College on Saturday for 13 hard-hitting bouts - but it was a 10-year-old who stole the show.
Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s Ryan Williams claimed the boxer of the night award after impressing during a skills bout against Cambridge ABC’s Michael Durning.
But his club-mates had a tougher time, with Ryan Ducker, Dean Baxter and George Chrysanthou all beaten.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is only 10 but he’s certainly got a lot of potential. I was pleased with the show and very pleased with the turnout.”
Wisbech ABC enjoyed a successful night, with Brandon Smith and Markos Mylozis recording victories.
Chatteris ABC’s Jordan Gill, who is set to turn professional in July, was ringside for the event.
The talented teenager will bid for national glory in his Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) final on Saturday.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders