GALLERY: Young stars strut their stuff at Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club show
BOXING fans filled Cromwell Community College on Saturday for 13 hard-hitting bouts - but it was a 10-year-old who stole the show.
Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s Ryan Williams claimed the boxer of the night award after impressing during a skills bout against Cambridge ABC’s Michael Durning.
But his club-mates had a tougher time, with Ryan Ducker, Dean Baxter and George Chrysanthou all beaten.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is only 10 but he’s certainly got a lot of potential. I was pleased with the show and very pleased with the turnout.”
Wisbech ABC enjoyed a successful night, with Brandon Smith and Markos Mylozis recording victories.
Chatteris ABC’s Jordan Gill, who is set to turn professional in July, was ringside for the event.
The talented teenager will bid for national glory in his Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) final on Saturday.
- 1 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 2 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 3 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 8 Local MPs in talks with Anglian Water over new reservoir
- 9 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 10 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish