GALLERY: Young stars strut their stuff at Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club show
BOXING fans filled Cromwell Community College on Saturday for 13 hard-hitting bouts - but it was a 10-year-old who stole the show.
Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s Ryan Williams claimed the boxer of the night award after impressing during a skills bout against Cambridge ABC’s Michael Durning.
But his club-mates had a tougher time, with Ryan Ducker, Dean Baxter and George Chrysanthou all beaten.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is only 10 but he’s certainly got a lot of potential. I was pleased with the show and very pleased with the turnout.”
Wisbech ABC enjoyed a successful night, with Brandon Smith and Markos Mylozis recording victories.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris ABC’s Jordan Gill, who is set to turn professional in July, was ringside for the event.
The talented teenager will bid for national glory in his Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) final on Saturday.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby