GALLERY: Youngsters enjoy March Town Cricket Club’s 3 Day Sports Festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 100 youngsters tried out a range of sports at a cricket club’s sports festival.
March Town Cricket Club’s 3 Day Sports Festival has become an annual tradition - this was the 10th year they have staged the event.
Sports coaches offered children the opportunity to experience cricket, mini hockey, boxing, athletics and softball.
There was also a bouncy castle and a presentation evening, attended by Mayor of March Councillor Kit Owen, where children were given goody bags which included a Fenmarc baseball cap, medal, certificate, pen, tennis ball and sweets.
The club was awarded £500 by the Fenland Youth District Council last month to help pay for cricket coaching at the event. Toby Nulty, one of the coaches, said: “I started at one of these events when I was 10, so it is nice to be able to give something back and share my skills and give them the opportunities I had.
You may also want to watch:
“If it wasn’t for me attending as a 10-year-old I wouldn’t be playing cricket every week.
“It’s a great day for the youngsters as they learn key skills such as teamwork, listening and communication. It is rewarding to see them having a go at some things they’ve not tried before and great to see them out and about.”
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Club chairman Les Mills said: “I would like to thank all the coaches and the numerous volunteers for all their hard work, organisation skills and enthusiasm which ensured the 3 Day Festival was very successful.
“They have helped numerous children have a great start to their summer holidays.
“Plus thanks to the sponsors Fenmarc, Fenland District Youth Council, Fruit Bowl and Fenland District Council Sports Development staff.”