GALLERY: Youngsters shine at Wisbech St Mary’s two-day football tournament
HUNDREDS of young footballers descended on Wisbech St Mary at the weekend for the football club’s annual two-day tournament.
More than 200 teams and a crowd of spectators filled the Hudson Playing Fields for competitions on Saturday and Sunday.
A host of six-a-side games took place on Saturday, from boys under-7s to under-12s. The under-11 girls were also in action.
Boys and girls were back on the pitch for Sunday’s five-a-side contests, which saw young stars from under-13s to under-17s compete.
Club secretary Claire Jimson said: “The weekend went really well. We had lots of teams attend and the weather held up for us.
You may also want to watch:
“We were only expecting teams from around Cambridgeshire but we had sides coming across from Northampton, Lowestoft and even Great Yarmouth!”
- 1 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic