GALLERY: Youngsters shine at Wisbech St Mary’s two-day football tournament
HUNDREDS of young footballers descended on Wisbech St Mary at the weekend for the football club’s annual two-day tournament.
More than 200 teams and a crowd of spectators filled the Hudson Playing Fields for competitions on Saturday and Sunday.
A host of six-a-side games took place on Saturday, from boys under-7s to under-12s. The under-11 girls were also in action.
Boys and girls were back on the pitch for Sunday’s five-a-side contests, which saw young stars from under-13s to under-17s compete.
Club secretary Claire Jimson said: “The weekend went really well. We had lots of teams attend and the weather held up for us.
You may also want to watch:
“We were only expecting teams from around Cambridgeshire but we had sides coming across from Northampton, Lowestoft and even Great Yarmouth!”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash