Gary grabs another March Golf Club crown
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer has added yet another March Golf Club Championship to his collection - after scooping scratch honours for the eighth time last weekend.
Neugebauer carded a total of 155 for his two rounds to take the title. Club captain Ivan Roberts was runner-up with Stan Dunn taking third place.
Gary Brinn took the handicap crown with a net 36-hole total of 138.
Brinn gave up playing golf for around five years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, but is now very close to his original handicap again after returning to the fairways. Ray Pescud finished as runner-up with Brian Newstead in third.
Sandra Russell triumphed in the latest ladies’ competition held at March.
You may also want to watch:
She shot a net 72 to win the Truman Cup with Penny Gilbert pipping Emma Norman to second spot on countback after both enjoyed rounds of net 75.
Fiona Wood won the June edition of the Ladies Medal with a net 76, two shots clear of Pam Hawes, who was also runner-up in the Long Handicap Cup to winner Pearl Moss.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region