Gary grabs another March Golf Club crown
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer has added yet another March Golf Club Championship to his collection - after scooping scratch honours for the eighth time last weekend.
Neugebauer carded a total of 155 for his two rounds to take the title. Club captain Ivan Roberts was runner-up with Stan Dunn taking third place.
Gary Brinn took the handicap crown with a net 36-hole total of 138.
Brinn gave up playing golf for around five years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, but is now very close to his original handicap again after returning to the fairways. Ray Pescud finished as runner-up with Brian Newstead in third.
Sandra Russell triumphed in the latest ladies’ competition held at March.
You may also want to watch:
She shot a net 72 to win the Truman Cup with Penny Gilbert pipping Emma Norman to second spot on countback after both enjoyed rounds of net 75.
Fiona Wood won the June edition of the Ladies Medal with a net 76, two shots clear of Pam Hawes, who was also runner-up in the Long Handicap Cup to winner Pearl Moss.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years