Gary grabs another March Golf Club crown
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer has added yet another March Golf Club Championship to his collection - after scooping scratch honours for the eighth time last weekend.
Neugebauer carded a total of 155 for his two rounds to take the title. Club captain Ivan Roberts was runner-up with Stan Dunn taking third place.
Gary Brinn took the handicap crown with a net 36-hole total of 138.
Brinn gave up playing golf for around five years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, but is now very close to his original handicap again after returning to the fairways. Ray Pescud finished as runner-up with Brian Newstead in third.
Sandra Russell triumphed in the latest ladies’ competition held at March.
You may also want to watch:
She shot a net 72 to win the Truman Cup with Penny Gilbert pipping Emma Norman to second spot on countback after both enjoyed rounds of net 75.
Fiona Wood won the June edition of the Ladies Medal with a net 76, two shots clear of Pam Hawes, who was also runner-up in the Long Handicap Cup to winner Pearl Moss.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years