Gary grabs another March Golf Club crown
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer has added yet another March Golf Club Championship to his collection - after scooping scratch honours for the eighth time last weekend.
Neugebauer carded a total of 155 for his two rounds to take the title. Club captain Ivan Roberts was runner-up with Stan Dunn taking third place.
Gary Brinn took the handicap crown with a net 36-hole total of 138.
Brinn gave up playing golf for around five years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, but is now very close to his original handicap again after returning to the fairways. Ray Pescud finished as runner-up with Brian Newstead in third.
Sandra Russell triumphed in the latest ladies’ competition held at March.
She shot a net 72 to win the Truman Cup with Penny Gilbert pipping Emma Norman to second spot on countback after both enjoyed rounds of net 75.
Fiona Wood won the June edition of the Ladies Medal with a net 76, two shots clear of Pam Hawes, who was also runner-up in the Long Handicap Cup to winner Pearl Moss.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens