Gedney Hill Golf Club raises more than £1,000 for two schools
- Credit: Archant
A year-long competition held at Gedney Hill Golf Club raised £1,080 for Gedney Hill and Shepeau Stow Primary Schools.
The head teacher of both schools, Alison Buddle, received the cheque from club captain Nick Markillie.
A memorial competition arranged in memory of club stalwart Roy Britton was won by his nephew Andrew.
Andy Davies won the Skyler Mae Eclectic Competition, while the ladies beat Tydd St Giles 2.5-0.5.
Richard Ward won Tydd St Giles’ seniors stableford trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Sutton Bridge GC beat March GC 4.5-1.5, but the ladies lost 3-1 at Kirton Holme.
Chris Burrell and Roy Amos won the ladies invitational competition.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
March ladies beat Brampton 5-3, while Sarah Oldham won the March medal.