Giddings claims top ten finish in latest round of Renault UK Clio Cup
UPWELL teenage racing driver Jake Giddings claimed a top ten finish at the North Yorkshire Croft circuit in the Renault UK Clio Cup.
After 10 rounds, he is eighth in the championship and fourth in the graduate cup class.
The week before, Giddings took a break from racing his Finesse Motorsport Clio to compete in the Ginetta challenge at Snetterton, Norfolk.
The 18 year-old powered to second place from 10th on the grid, missing out on taking the chequered flag by a fraction of a second.
Giddings said: “Doing well in the UK Clio Cup is my and the team’s main priority this season and I still have some of my favourite circuits to come after the summer break.”
You may also want to watch:
The UK Clio Cup returns to action on the August 3 and 4 at Snetterton.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021