Giddings claims top ten finish in latest round of Renault UK Clio Cup
UPWELL teenage racing driver Jake Giddings claimed a top ten finish at the North Yorkshire Croft circuit in the Renault UK Clio Cup.
After 10 rounds, he is eighth in the championship and fourth in the graduate cup class.
The week before, Giddings took a break from racing his Finesse Motorsport Clio to compete in the Ginetta challenge at Snetterton, Norfolk.
The 18 year-old powered to second place from 10th on the grid, missing out on taking the chequered flag by a fraction of a second.
Giddings said: “Doing well in the UK Clio Cup is my and the team’s main priority this season and I still have some of my favourite circuits to come after the summer break.”
You may also want to watch:
The UK Clio Cup returns to action on the August 3 and 4 at Snetterton.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite