Giddings claims top ten finish in latest round of Renault UK Clio Cup
UPWELL teenage racing driver Jake Giddings claimed a top ten finish at the North Yorkshire Croft circuit in the Renault UK Clio Cup.
After 10 rounds, he is eighth in the championship and fourth in the graduate cup class.
The week before, Giddings took a break from racing his Finesse Motorsport Clio to compete in the Ginetta challenge at Snetterton, Norfolk.
The 18 year-old powered to second place from 10th on the grid, missing out on taking the chequered flag by a fraction of a second.
Giddings said: “Doing well in the UK Clio Cup is my and the team’s main priority this season and I still have some of my favourite circuits to come after the summer break.”
You may also want to watch:
The UK Clio Cup returns to action on the August 3 and 4 at Snetterton.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site