Gill can’t wait to step back in the ring
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS boxer Jordan Gill says he has never felt better as he prepares to step back into the ring in Peterborough on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who is undefeated in four professional bouts, has not competed since he beat Sid Razak on February 2.
Gill says he has spent the past three months honing his skills and is excited to put into practice what he has been working on in the gym.
He said: “Training has gone brilliantly and I’m looking forward to fighting again.
“I’m in great shape and I’ve never felt this good before a fight.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been frustrating not competing but I’ve been training harder than ever working on my strength, defence and polishing my skills so I’m sure everyone will see a big improvement.”
Gill will be competing against an opponent who has yet to be announced in four three-minute rounds.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
He said: “I just want to get the rounds in and practice what I’ve been working on.
“I’m keen to go the distance.”
Gill will be in action at Peterborough Arena. Tickets are £30 for standard seats and £50 for ringside.
To get hold of tickets call 01354 695211 or contact Gill via Twitter or Facebook, both of which can be found on his website www.jordangill.com