Gill can’t wait to step back in the ring
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS boxer Jordan Gill says he has never felt better as he prepares to step back into the ring in Peterborough on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who is undefeated in four professional bouts, has not competed since he beat Sid Razak on February 2.
Gill says he has spent the past three months honing his skills and is excited to put into practice what he has been working on in the gym.
He said: “Training has gone brilliantly and I’m looking forward to fighting again.
“I’m in great shape and I’ve never felt this good before a fight.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been frustrating not competing but I’ve been training harder than ever working on my strength, defence and polishing my skills so I’m sure everyone will see a big improvement.”
Gill will be competing against an opponent who has yet to be announced in four three-minute rounds.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
He said: “I just want to get the rounds in and practice what I’ve been working on.
“I’m keen to go the distance.”
Gill will be in action at Peterborough Arena. Tickets are £30 for standard seats and £50 for ringside.
To get hold of tickets call 01354 695211 or contact Gill via Twitter or Facebook, both of which can be found on his website www.jordangill.com