Gill can’t wait to step back in the ring
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS boxer Jordan Gill says he has never felt better as he prepares to step back into the ring in Peterborough on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who is undefeated in four professional bouts, has not competed since he beat Sid Razak on February 2.
Gill says he has spent the past three months honing his skills and is excited to put into practice what he has been working on in the gym.
He said: “Training has gone brilliantly and I’m looking forward to fighting again.
“I’m in great shape and I’ve never felt this good before a fight.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been frustrating not competing but I’ve been training harder than ever working on my strength, defence and polishing my skills so I’m sure everyone will see a big improvement.”
Gill will be competing against an opponent who has yet to be announced in four three-minute rounds.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
He said: “I just want to get the rounds in and practice what I’ve been working on.
“I’m keen to go the distance.”
Gill will be in action at Peterborough Arena. Tickets are £30 for standard seats and £50 for ringside.
To get hold of tickets call 01354 695211 or contact Gill via Twitter or Facebook, both of which can be found on his website www.jordangill.com