Gill says he has returned from the USA a better boxer as Sheffield bout is announced on same card as Kid Galahad
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill says his fans can expect to see a better, stronger and more mature fighter when he steps back in the ring in Sheffield on September 20.
The 20 year old, who is undefeated in 10 bouts, has not competed in the ring since May, but he has not been taking it easy.
Gill has taken part in a series of intensive training camps, including three weeks split between Las Vegas and California helping Kell Brook prepare for his successful world title bout.
As well as working with Brook, Gill also sparred with two time world champion Jorge Linares.
He said: “It has been quite a while since I last fought but I’ve been training hard. I learnt a lot in the USA.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully people will see how much I’ve improved. I’m better, stronger, more accurate and have improved my timing. You can’t go wrong sparring with the calibre of fighter I’ve sparred with.”
Gill’s next bout is at Ponds Forge Arena, Sheffield. He is on the same card as Kid Galahad. Tickets are £35, £100 ringside and are available at 07415 618602, 01354 695211 and www.JORDANGILL.com/SHOP. A free coach trip is being put on from Chatteris to Sheffield. Spaces are going quickly so book soon to avoid disappointment.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life