Gill says he has returned from the USA a better boxer as Sheffield bout is announced on same card as Kid Galahad
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill says his fans can expect to see a better, stronger and more mature fighter when he steps back in the ring in Sheffield on September 20.
The 20 year old, who is undefeated in 10 bouts, has not competed in the ring since May, but he has not been taking it easy.
Gill has taken part in a series of intensive training camps, including three weeks split between Las Vegas and California helping Kell Brook prepare for his successful world title bout.
As well as working with Brook, Gill also sparred with two time world champion Jorge Linares.
He said: “It has been quite a while since I last fought but I’ve been training hard. I learnt a lot in the USA.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully people will see how much I’ve improved. I’m better, stronger, more accurate and have improved my timing. You can’t go wrong sparring with the calibre of fighter I’ve sparred with.”
Gill’s next bout is at Ponds Forge Arena, Sheffield. He is on the same card as Kid Galahad. Tickets are £35, £100 ringside and are available at 07415 618602, 01354 695211 and www.JORDANGILL.com/SHOP. A free coach trip is being put on from Chatteris to Sheffield. Spaces are going quickly so book soon to avoid disappointment.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists