Gill taking training to the next level in bid to deliver knock out Peterborough performance
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill only has one thing on his mind when he steps back into the ring later this month for his last bout of the season ... delivering a knock out performance.
The Chatteris boxer, 19, who is unbeaten in 10 contests, was hampered by a cut to the face and was by his own admission under par in his last outing, an unanimous points win over Michael Mooney in Sheffield on May 10.
But the cut is fully healed and he is training harder than ever for his next bout, which will take place at Bushfields Leisure Centre in Peterborough on June 28.
He said: “My last fight went ok. I had a cut going into it and couldn’t really get involved in the fight as much as I wanted to.
“My performance was not up to par so I was not over the moon with it but I showed I can fiddle out a points win.
You may also want to watch:
“This time around, my cut is fully healed and I’m looking forward to putting on a show and knocking someone out.”
Gill has joined world title contender Kell Brook, Commonwealth super-bantamweight tile holder Kid Galahad and Leigh Wood at a take no prisoners training camp in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
He said: “I’m going to be superfit. I’m training so hard it’s unbelievable. I’ve been doing a lot of work on the track and sparring with Kell Brook, Kid Galahad and Lee Wood.
“I’m doing everything Kell Brook is doing, and he’s gearing up for a world title fight in the USA.”
Tickets for Gill’s bout are £30 standard or £50 ringside, and are available at 07415618602 or 01354695211 or at www.jordangill.com