Girl from Manea wins World Tang Soo Do gold
A 21-YEAR-OLD from Manea won gold for Great Britain at the World Tang Soo Do Championships in North Carolina.
Sophie Stevens also added bronze medals in Forms and Weapons to go with her Sparring gold.
“Sophie has been training since she was 7 years old,” said her family.
“She’s now a Black Belt Second Dan and her aim has always been to go to the World Championships. This has been a tremendous achievement and we are all very proud of her.”
The medal winner trains at the Huntingdon Tang Soo Do Club and is due to take her Black Belt Third Dan in September this year.
You may also want to watch:
The family thanked all of Sophie’s sponsors, including S S Motors of Chatteris.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo