Girl from Manea wins World Tang Soo Do gold
A 21-YEAR-OLD from Manea won gold for Great Britain at the World Tang Soo Do Championships in North Carolina.
Sophie Stevens also added bronze medals in Forms and Weapons to go with her Sparring gold.
“Sophie has been training since she was 7 years old,” said her family.
“She’s now a Black Belt Second Dan and her aim has always been to go to the World Championships. This has been a tremendous achievement and we are all very proud of her.”
The medal winner trains at the Huntingdon Tang Soo Do Club and is due to take her Black Belt Third Dan in September this year.
You may also want to watch:
The family thanked all of Sophie’s sponsors, including S S Motors of Chatteris.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid