Girl from Manea wins World Tang Soo Do gold
A 21-YEAR-OLD from Manea won gold for Great Britain at the World Tang Soo Do Championships in North Carolina.
Sophie Stevens also added bronze medals in Forms and Weapons to go with her Sparring gold.
“Sophie has been training since she was 7 years old,” said her family.
“She’s now a Black Belt Second Dan and her aim has always been to go to the World Championships. This has been a tremendous achievement and we are all very proud of her.”
The medal winner trains at the Huntingdon Tang Soo Do Club and is due to take her Black Belt Third Dan in September this year.
You may also want to watch:
The family thanked all of Sophie’s sponsors, including S S Motors of Chatteris.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre