GOALBALL: Fantastic Fen Tigers celebrate a season of success with trophy presentation
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team have had FIVE reasons to celebrate this season.
Not only have the March-based talents scooped the Intermediate B title, but they have also experience success in the Intermediate and Novice leagues in their first full season as a club.
Team GB stars and Fen Tigers coaches Dan Roper and Laura Perry are also celebrating after topping the goal-scoring charts in the elite and intermediate leagues.
The Fen Tigers marked their successful season with a trophy presentation at Neale-Wade Academy in March last week. They received their league trophies from the academy’s sports centre manager, Martin Dawson.
- The Fen Tigers, who are to run three teams as of next month, train every other Saturday from 9am to 12pm at the Neale-Wade Academy. For more information, visit the club’s Facebook page or search @fentigersgball on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
What is goalball?
Goalball is a Paralympic sport for the blind and visually impaired where all players are under blindfold. The aim is to score a goal whilst the opposite team track the bell and defend with their bodies.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title