GOALBALL: Fantastic Fen Tigers celebrate a season of success with trophy presentation
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team have had FIVE reasons to celebrate this season.
Not only have the March-based talents scooped the Intermediate B title, but they have also experience success in the Intermediate and Novice leagues in their first full season as a club.
Team GB stars and Fen Tigers coaches Dan Roper and Laura Perry are also celebrating after topping the goal-scoring charts in the elite and intermediate leagues.
The Fen Tigers marked their successful season with a trophy presentation at Neale-Wade Academy in March last week. They received their league trophies from the academy’s sports centre manager, Martin Dawson.
- The Fen Tigers, who are to run three teams as of next month, train every other Saturday from 9am to 12pm at the Neale-Wade Academy. For more information, visit the club’s Facebook page or search @fentigersgball on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
What is goalball?
Goalball is a Paralympic sport for the blind and visually impaired where all players are under blindfold. The aim is to score a goal whilst the opposite team track the bell and defend with their bodies.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million