GOALBALL: Fantastic Fen Tigers celebrate a season of success with trophy presentation
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team have had FIVE reasons to celebrate this season.
Not only have the March-based talents scooped the Intermediate B title, but they have also experience success in the Intermediate and Novice leagues in their first full season as a club.
Team GB stars and Fen Tigers coaches Dan Roper and Laura Perry are also celebrating after topping the goal-scoring charts in the elite and intermediate leagues.
The Fen Tigers marked their successful season with a trophy presentation at Neale-Wade Academy in March last week. They received their league trophies from the academy’s sports centre manager, Martin Dawson.
- The Fen Tigers, who are to run three teams as of next month, train every other Saturday from 9am to 12pm at the Neale-Wade Academy. For more information, visit the club’s Facebook page or search @fentigersgball on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
What is goalball?
Goalball is a Paralympic sport for the blind and visually impaired where all players are under blindfold. The aim is to score a goal whilst the opposite team track the bell and defend with their bodies.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings